Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default There was a security error when trying to login.

There was a security error when trying to login.

Yes, I used search, and tried the examples and ideas on how to get this fixed, however I tried them and i still get the issue...

Everything else seems to work fine, but I cant get this issue fixed, i can create a new account, just cant login with it once i log out, or close browser....

On the tip that says to upgrade the 2 files, i only fine 1 file in my template...not the second file

/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_login_default.php <--- i was able to locate this file
    /includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_time_out_default.php <-- i do not have this file

I am using the free zen cart theme here templatemonster.com/free-templates.php

Does anyone know how to edit this theme? For some reason i cant get the banner text to show up to the left of the person like in there example...
    Plus my NAV does do what theres does...am i doing something wrong?

My site is splatattackstore dot com
    Last edited by Kim; 28 Mar 2009 at 04:11 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: There was a security error when trying to login.

I take tat back

I have these files
    /includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_login_default.php <--- i was able to locate this file
    /includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_time_out_default.php <-- i do not have this file

But i read anothe rpost where i needed to find
    /includes/templates/MY CURRENT THEME/templates/tpl_login_default.php <--- i was able to locate this file
    /includes/templates/MY CURRENT THEME/templates/tpl_time_out_default.php <-- i do not have this file

Thats where i cant find the second file
    Last edited by joefox; 28 Mar 2009 at 10:35 AM.

Plugin Contributions

You can find both files you need within the current v1.3.8a. Use the Home link at top of this page to find the download link.

You may also need to replace this file: includes/functions/sessions.php
    Which is also in the v1.3.8a download.

Also, best to search the Forum using 'templatemonster' as there are a few threads regarding people using their Templates and having problems.

Edit: are you aware you cannot use the example / free template you mentioned, on any live site?

"You also may not install them and use as your own websites. All free samples are presented here with a trial purpose solely and are for your personal use only."
    Last edited by Website Rob; 28 Mar 2009 at 10:50 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Ok so i read a few more posts and still not working.

I found tpl_time_out_default.php in another template and copied it into the my new themes directory...

I Tried "Recreate Session" to True and False to see if it would help but it didnt...

Now i get a different error Error: Sorry, there is no match for that email address and/or password.

I am using latest zencart.

Plugin Contributions

Templatemonster templates are notorious for their serious hacks to zc core code.

However, you need to make sure that there is a complete set of files in ALL default folders, so YES...

... You need to get this file from a copy of zc software and re-upload it.

But you don't necessarily need to have it in your over-rides folder... You put files into your overrides folders ONLY IF they have been customised.

The way ZC works is to look FIRSTLY for files in over-rides folders, and if they are not there, it looks for the file in the DEFAULT folder.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
    Templatemonster templates are notorious for their serious hacks to zc core code.

However, you need to make sure that there is a complete set of files in ALL default folders, so YES...

... You need to get this file from a copy of zc software and re-upload it.

But you don't necessarily need to have it in your over-rides folder... You put files into your overrides folders ONLY IF they have been customised.

The way ZC works is to look FIRSTLY for files in over-rides folders, and if they are not there, it looks for the file in the DEFAULT folder.

Ok now I'm all mixed up, Other posts say you NEED IT!

Ok well, now the post above says i need to get the latest session.php file but why? I am running the latest zencart.

I upgraded the theme to look like the default themes login_default and time_out .php pages..

I dont get the same error as before i get

Error: Sorry, there is no match for that email address and/or password.

I do have this file /includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_time_out_default.php
    I did not have this file /includes/templates/TEMPLATEMONSTERTHEME/templates/tpl_time_out_default.php
    * So I coppied the ifle from template_default to the new templatemonster theme

Plugin Contributions

Let me explain the "logic" of overrides:

1. Not ALL files can have an "over-ride" equivalent, and the general rule with LANGUAGE files and TEMPLATE files is this... If there is a folder called "classic" at the same level as the file(s) in question, any modified file in that level should be placed in an appropriately-named over-rides directory.

2. It is only essential to have an over-rides file IF that file is specific to the customization you have invoked - in your case, a custom TEMLATE.

So, what you need to do is open up the original copy of that templatemonster template and examine the folder and file TREES.

If the ORIGINAL software set for that template contains:
    /includes/templates/MY CURRENT THEME/templates/tpl_time_out_default.php
    Then it MUST also be in the correct over-rides folder on your SERVER.

As I said, the OVER-RIDE is used when a file is altered/modified and that modification is critical to the functionality of the add-on you have invoked.

It is NOT NECESSARY to put a file into an over-ride directory if it HAS NOT been modified in any way. You just need to make sure the original file is in its default location.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
    Let me explain the "logic" of overrides:

1. Not ALL files can have an "over-write" equivalent, and the general rule with LANGUAGE files and TEMPLATE files is this... If there is a folder called "classic" at the same level as the file(s) in question, any modified file in that level should be placed in an over-rides directory.

2. It is only essential to have an over-rides file IF that file is specific to the customization you have invoked - in your case, a custom TEMLATE.

So, what you need to do is open up the original copy of that templatemonster template and examine the folder and file TREES.

If the ORIGINAL software set for that template contains:

Then it MUST also be in the correct over-rides folder on your SERVER.

As I said, the OVER-RIDE is used when a file is altered/modified and that modification is critical to the functionality of the add-on you have invoked.

It is NOT NECESSARY to put a file into an over-ride directory if it HAS NOT been modified in any way. You just need to make sure the original file is in its default location.
    Ok in that case, i removed the file since it was not in my templatemonsters directory originally, however i still get the error...

I double checked the tpl_login_default.php file and it looks exactly like the default_template's tpl_login_default.php page

Plugin Contributions

... Just to add to my previous post...

You have to be VERY CAREFUL not to do the following...

If you are installing a custom template (or any add-on, for that matter) that uses OVER-RIDE custom files, you cannot later "substitute" the original CORE file for that over-ride, and trust that things will work.

What exactly do I mean by that ?

Let's say you install a new template and one of the files in the template is:

includes/template/CUSTOM-TEMPLATE/common/tpl_header.php
    If you were LATER to FTP the following file to your CUSTOM folder:

includes/template/template_default/common/tpl_header.php
    ... instead of the file that came with the custom template, you could have functionality problems.

----------------------------------------------------

This is why it's a good idea to have an up-to-date duplicate set of all ZC files on your local drive.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by joefox View Post
    I double checked the tpl_login_default.php file and it looks exactly like the default_template's tpl_login_default.php page
    Did you just do this "visually", or did you use a file compare program such as WINMERGE?
    20 years a Zencart User

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast