Plugin Contributions

Default Deleting an old version of a contribution

I would want to delete old versions of my contributions. These old versions are obsolete, some have minor changes, the last one uploaded is better than those. Is there a way (a procedure) to do that, lisibility in contributions will then be better for downloaders ?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Deleting an old version of a contribution

When there are many revisions, the most recent one is the one most people will download since that's the link that is presented most prominently.
    The other revisions are there in case people need to compare theirs or go back and look at how the code worked before a bug was fixed or a feature changed, as well as to see the descriptions of what has changed over time, etc.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Deleting an old version of a contribution

Yes, but I make a distinction between MINOR and MAJOR updates.
    I think old major revisons must be kept online, whereas minor often succeed one after another by bringing a few corrections and that it is enough to keep the last minor one and not intermediate or bugged ones. The contribution developer is clever enough to make its own cleaning/deleting. The user can read a changelog if any in contribution, or use WinMerge/UltraCompare if he really want to know what as changed, but majority don't bother about that.