Plugin Contributions

Default Hidden attributes possible?

I hope this is the right subforum to post this in. I'm looking for a way to add a couple of 'hidden' attributes for my products. What I would like to do is add a value for length, width, and a variable size field for each of my products. The length and width would allow for entering of a float and the variable size field would be a simple true/false holder.

I'm needing a way to incorporate this into the admin side for entering and editing the values and also a way to pull the data from the product info page. On the product info page, I plan on using these numbers to compute different sizes for the custom made decals I sell. Right now, I am only able to display the products overall width/length in the attribute pulldown. I charge based on the size chosen.

I have what I think is enough php/mysql knowledge to cobble this together myself but I really don't know what the best approach would be as far as laying things out and what files to put these things in. Can someone give me a push or point me to any sort of documentation on writing your own contribution?
    Visit my Decal website: DecalDepot.net

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Hidden attributes possible?

Through a bit of research, I think I can use the read only attribute for the length, width, variable size values. My next question is how do I manipulate those values on the product_info page?

I guess I should have asked this already, but is this a Zen-Cart programming help subforum or something else?

Plugin Contributions

This is the right forum for your question. I can't help with the programming part, but check out the auction site attributes contribution in the free downloads. It adds length, width, and height fields along with others to the admin add product page. You could customize some of the fields to suit your needs.

Please post your progress because I would like to be able to use these fields as well for a project and would like to see a successful implementation.

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out and keep you posted.