Plugin Contributions

Default Runtime error on IIS7: An application error occurred ... Server Error in '/' Applicat

Hi
    I installed v1.38 in Windows Host Platform and IIS7

I have an probelm which always occured. Moreover, I click which page, it always appear "Runtime Error" like as below.

Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error
    Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
    <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

I asked my web hosting company for helping. they don't know and cannot answer me.

I hope someone can help me to solve it. since it is very disturb my online shop.

thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Running error

I asked my web hosting company for helping. they don't know and cannot answer me.
    I would say it is time to look for another host
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    I would say it is time to look for another host
    sorry, you mean I need to change another hosting company or change from windows platform to Linux platform ?

pls advice , thanks

Plugin Contributions

they don't know and cannot answer me.
    What does this tell you?
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

What does this tell you?
    they answer as following:
    Unfortunately we will be unable to assist you with providing instructions on this issue as this will require custom coding and scripting to resolve. Please follow the instructions provided in the error message as you will need to create and or modify your web.config file as this file should be located in your root directory.

As you are currently on a ASP Windows hosting account you will be required to modify your web.config file.

Please let us know if we are able to assist you in any other way.

how to modify web.config ? zen cart is a php program.

thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Runtime error on IIS7: An application error occurred ... Server Error in '/' Appl

While many choose to run ZenCart on Win IIS with success, they apparently do not support/assist with ZenCart installs...
    how to modify web.config
    This is not a ZenCart issue at all and has to to do with how the host has the many things on the server configured....
    They should be fully at your service in determining what is required for their platform setup
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Runtime error on IIS7: An application error occurred ... Server Error in '/' Appl

While many choose to run ZenCart on Win IIS with success, they apparently do not support/assist with ZenCart installs...

This is not a ZenCart issue at all and has to to do with how the host has the many things on the server configured....
    They should be fully at your service in determining what is required for their platform setup
    The hosting company has inlcuded to provide free value application which included Zen Cart, So I installed.
    Now , it occure this issue, they cannot help me. I feel very disappointed.....

Plugin Contributions

The hosting company has inlcuded to provide free value application which included Zen Cart, So I installed.
    Now , it occure this issue, they cannot help me. I feel very disappointed.....
    You should be disapointed with them and their claims and not in ZenCart
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

You should be disapointed with them and their claims and not in ZenCart
    Sorry, I am not disappointed with you. just only them.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Notwithstanding that your host is clearly not being helpful, there are a few things you can do in response to the problem:

1. Follow the instructions provided by your host and the error message. If you follow their instructions, you should be able to see the real error message behind the problem, which will lead to more potential for a useful answer here.

2. Since IIS servers don't like the .htaccess files used by the more versatile and reliable Apache web engine, you might find some success in deleting the various .htaccess files which were included with your Zen Cart files. You'll need to work with your host on ways to provide the security protections that the .htaccess settings normally provide. Of course, that depends on your host being helpful ...

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.