Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion A difficult one... Attribute chain product type.

Hi there,

This is something that has been puzzling me for some time. I am an artist and will be selling some work through my Zen Cart site. I only make a certain number of each series of the items (sometimes 5, sometimes 3, sometimes more!).

Does anyone know how to make a product type that sells the product allowing only the first attribute, then only once the first attribute sells out make the next attribute available for purchase?

Eg, say I was doing a series of paintings of dogs. I would paint 3-5 of the dog (Painting A), then do about 3-5 of a different style of the same dog (Painting B), and maybe another couple again of it slightly differently (Painting C). I would only want to sell one style at a time (just my personal preference) and once all of Painting A have been sold, then automatically have Painting B selling in place of Painting A. Therefore I must set them up as attributes and have the product change the attribute by itself when the first one sells out.

It would also be an awesome bonus to have a list below of the upcoming attributes for when the first sells out.

Running Zen Cart 1.38a clean install.

I know what I want but don't know how to do it so any help would be much appreciated!!

Cheers,
    Nick.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: A difficult one... Attribute chain product type.

Therefore I must set them up as attributes and have the product change the attribute by itself when the first one sells out.

It would also be an awesome bonus to have a list below of the upcoming attributes for when the first sells out.
    I see these not as attributes but as issues of a particular line or model and as individual products. Also, doing them as individual products you can use the builtin upcoming functions.

Make categories like Rex, Fido, King, etc. and have what you are selling there...

If I come back later I might know that I want to check the current issue in Rex
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten