Plugin Contributions

help question Editing product data in the specials page

Hi guys
    I have an issue with the special page on the new site I’m developing. I have looked everywhere and spent hours on it but cannot find a solution.

I am using zen cart 1.3.8a and I'm not happy with the specials page layout. I have edited all the other layouts in my site (new products, all product, advance search results, etc) to all look the same. However I'm having trouble configuring the specials page.

I understand that the tpl_columnar_display.php is responsible for the layout but I wish to change the data it's displays. IE remove the descriptions and more info buttons.

I’m not sure where to look. I would assume that it is configurable in the Admin but I'm at my wits end.

Can anybody help me out? Where/how can I specify the data I want per product to be displayed in the specials page??

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Editing product data in the specials page

Do you like the look of your Featured Products page?

If so, you could use that to make your Specials Page as they are very very similar except for the tables, constants and variable names ...

Find all the components to Featured and Specials and compare them to see the differences and convert the files that way ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I’m not using the featured product page in this site.
    Not sure what it look like.

It's not so much about the look of the page. I can deal with that but the data that is coming out of the page.
    For example an array is populated with div tags that are displayed on the screen. These divs are already populated with certain data. IE name, description, price, etc...
    I want to be able to change this data that is being display and then redo the layout on the page.

I really cannot isolate parts of data within the div. Unless I start hitting it up with some complicated javascript or hiding it via css.

I would be easier if I can at least have the data I desire in these divs and then manipulate the code around this.

Plugin Contributions

For giggles ... look at the New Products or All Products or add 2 Featured Products ...

Do you like the look of them?

If so, try using the Featured Product files as an example of how to build this code ...

I do not know what changes you made to give you much more to go on ...

But, if you could customize the other pages ... then making the Specials from the Featured files should work for you ...

Or, take New Products that you already have done and look at the SELECT statements for Specials ... once the data is pulled from the SELECT statement properly, then you should be able to go from there ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I have already edited the All products page to my likeing.
    The way I was able to get around that is by editing
    tpl_modules_products_all_listing.php.

Here the code adds the product data at certain points. You can define this data in admin however it did not match with other parts of the site (IE the configuration was used in multiple pages). So I manualy edit the code so I it only provided information that I wanted.

This is different for the specials page. It seem to do it's own thing and not run from any configurations. Regarless of what is configured in the admin. So from what you are saying it looks like I have to right back to the select stament for the specials query.

Thanks, my question has been answered. Basically there is no way of configuring this data if I see it correctly. I have to to code mine and find the root of the query. This will be fun. :)

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Compare the header_php.php files for the files you like and the ones you do not to see how the SELECT statements are gathered ...
    Linda McGrath