Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: GoDaddy Treacle Speed Unbearably Slow.

Quote Originally Posted by abko View Post
    I am also affected by the GoDaddy outage today and they will not provide me an ETA to expect a fix (it's been ALLLLL DAY) and they won't even let me know when the problem is restored.

How long have you been on Camelot? I need a reliable hosting provider with a good management interface. Please advise! Thanks for any input you or anyone else has on a recommended host.
    Certified zencart hosts at
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...es&pages_id=10

Plugin Contributions

How long have you been on Camelot? I need a reliable hosting provider with a good management interface. Please advise! Thanks for any input you or anyone else has on a recommended host
    With PimaHost almost one year - no one problem! Lightnening fast site speed!

Tina

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by misty View Post
    Good advice.... they're all certified for a reason.. they all know what they're doing...

Plugin Contributions

This is just one other thread that shows GoDaddy for what they are. If you search this forum and read the many, many others then you'll see that GoDaddy are operating near capacity servers with thousands of accounts per shared server...

that's why when their servers get busy, you notice extreme slow downs on your site.

yesterday was the straw that broke the camels back for me... Parse times of 60 seconds to add something to my cart!

Since changing to Camelot, I cannnot believe the difference. It's like working offline on a hard drive... there are virtually no lag times at all!!

After so long working on a GoDaddy server and waiting for their treacle speed server, it's like a breath of fresh air...

Don't delay, ditch them!!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by limelites View Post
    This is just one other thread that shows GoDaddy for what they are. If you search this forum and read the many, many others then you'll see that GoDaddy are operating near capacity servers with thousands of accounts per shared server...

that's why when their servers get busy, you notice extreme slow downs on your site.

yesterday was the straw that broke the camels back for me... Parse times of 60 seconds to add something to my cart!

Since changing to Camelot, I cannnot believe the difference. It's like working offline on a hard drive... there are virtually no lag times at all!!

After so long working on a GoDaddy server and waiting for their treacle speed server, it's like a breath of fresh air...

Don't delay, ditch them!!
    That's interesting. I've thought all along that the delays were solely because of my site and it's configuration, but I'll find out for sure soon - when I switch. I'm just not looking forward to all the work to move the database and files etc.

Plugin Contributions

My switch took less than 24 hrs... the guys at Camelot are really helpful, they practically did it all for me, the database changeover, the SSL setup, even all the file transfers!! Amazing!!

I was the same as you, thought it was something to do with my setup and graphically intense site but my Parse Time changed from whopping 60 seconds with GoDaddy to a lightning 0.2 seconds with Camelot...

Do you know your own Parse Times? Have you switched it on in your footer?

If you're with GoDaddy then rest assured, that's your problem... DEFINITELY!

Plugin Contributions

That's good to know.... I bet the recommended hosting providers are busy with Zen Cart owner inquiries!
    I enabled the parse time a while back because of my site becoming sluggish. On Average I would say my parse time is 5 seconds. Just did a new reload of my site and the results are still not impressive by any means, but better than the 60 seconds I've been seeing or the complete timeout of my site.

Parse Time: 16.747 - Number of Queries: 286 - Query Time: 0.359853707291

Plugin Contributions

My switch took less than 24 hrs... the guys at Camelot are really helpful, they practically did it all for me, the database changeover, the SSL setup, even all the file transfers!! Amazing!!

I was the same as you, thought it was something to do with my setup and graphically intense site but my Parse Time changed from whopping 60 seconds with GoDaddy to a lightning 0.2 seconds with Camelot...

Do you know your own Parse Times? Have you switched it on in your footer?

I'm curious... I was reviewing the recommended hosting providers and I was curious why would you pay more for the camelot hosting versus bluehost or host monster? (I'm assuming that they are all good and have been certified)
    Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

They're all good, yes but if you read these forums then you'll be able to decide for yourself which is best.

E-Mail and contact them and see which one you get the best vibes from.

As for me, I was impressed with Camelot support and response time, plus from what I'd read I believe that they're, "the best Zen Cart hosts on the planet" unquote.

I've spoken to other users on here, far more experienced than me and Camelot is well recommended.

Don't get me wrong though, all of the certified providers are really good. At the end of the day the decision is yours whether it be price, service, support, or recommendation... I'm sure if you choose a certified provider then you will be impressed.... ESPECIALLY if you're changing over from GoDaddy!

Plugin Contributions

As of 1AM last night the carnage continued on GoDaddy. When I pinged my site this was the results: Pinging mysite.com [72.167.231.233] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 72.167.231.233: bytes=32 time=1475ms TTL=47
    Reply from 72.167.231.233: bytes=32 time=1378ms TTL=47
    Reply from 72.167.231.233: bytes=32 time=1437ms TTL=47
    Reply from 72.167.231.233: bytes=32 time=1493ms TTL=47

Ping statistics for 72.167.231.233:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 1378ms, Maximum = 1493ms, Average = 1445ms

I'm in the process of moving to a new host now!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast