Plugin Contributions

Default error in admin area customers > customers

I get these error messages at the top of the page... then my customers show below it...

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /xxxx/xxxxxxx/x/x/x/xxxxxxxxxxx/html/admin/customers.php on line 1099

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /xxxx/xxxxxxx/x/x/x/xxxxxxxxxxx/html/admin/customers.php on line 1101

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /xxxx/xxxxxxx/x/x/x/xxxxxxxxxxx/html/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 29

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /xxxx/xxxxxxx/x/x/x/xxxxxxxxxxx/html/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 30

Can anyone tell me what this means? I used phpmyadmin to browse my customer data entered in the database. I don't see any odd characters in any of the fields or anything. I found other posts like this problem here in the forums, but either I don't completely understand the resolutions or they don't sound like permanent solutions.

Currently my site version is 1.3.8, My MySQL version is MySQL 5.0.67.d7-ourdelta-log, my PHP version shows 5.2.5 (Zend: 2.2.0). The AddOns I have installed are the google base uploader and search log 2.0, I'm using the PayPal IPN that came with my ZC install, and Google Checkout. Hope this extra info helps.
    As far as I can somewhat understand, there's a relation between some fields in the db that aren't matching up (??).

Thanks anybody that can help!!!
    This isn't crippling my site as far as I can understand but I'd like to take care of it now before it becomes an urgent issue, and keep a clean db.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: error in admin area customers > customers

Quote Originally Posted by blakdeth77 View Post
    I get these error messages at the top of the page... then my customers show below it...

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /xxxx/xxxxxxx/x/x/x/xxxxxxxxxxx/html/admin/customers.php on line 1099
    That message indicates that the country ID assigned to the currently-selected customer record is missing or invalid (ie: doesn't exist in the countries table).
    The most common cause of this is bad customer and/or address-book data, which most commonly occurs when people manually edit or manually import customer data using phpMyAdmin or other tools but fail to properly maintain the relationships between the 3 tables storing customer data: customers, address_book, customers_info.
    Or, maybe you've deleted country records from the countries table, and have removed the one used by that particular customer.

Remember, when you first open the customers screen, the first record in the list is the one "selected" and thus that's the one for which you're seeing this particular error message. It may or may not apply to other records.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

How do you fix customer data errors?
    I have one that missed some fields (not sure how, but anyway...) which has led to me getting these array errors.
    I have tried deleting the customer - it won't delete.
    I've tried editing the customer's details to fill in the blanks, it appears to update - then loses the data again.
    Any other suggestions?
    I have also run check MySQL database and repair MySQL data without success.

Plugin Contributions

I get this error every time I get a new customer that chooses to pay with Google Checkout. I have to manually edit the mySQL DB and change the customer's country code. It's a pain in the rear, but I don't know how to change my site so that it recognizes 2 different codes for USA.

Or if I change the existing code for USA I assume I'd have to go back and change all my current customers' country codes to match the Google one. Not a warm thought either.