Plugin Contributions

Default DirectOne payment returning error when processing

Hi all,

I am a complete newb to this and am in desperate need of HELP!
    I am using zencart 1.3.8
    I am using the DirectOne payment module for processing.

When in test mode approved transactions work fine.
    Unsuccessfull transactions (those not using $.00 in the check out price ) return with an error. However the payment is still processed to DirectOne.

In production a valid credit card is processed (payment moves to direct one) however the user receives an error saying " Your credit card could not be authorized for this reason. Please correct any information and try again...)

I have also noticed that the error checking on the card expiry date creates an fatal type error that gives a bunch of code...

Can anyone suggest what I am doing wrong.. and how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance
    Karen

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: DirectOne payment returning error when processing

Hi Karen,

After a quick google search it appears I am in the same boat as you with this one.

Did you ever solve it?

The only difference is that I'm on Zencart 1.38a (php 5, mysql 5)

When processing test payments, everything works fine and DirectOne processes the transaction. When I swapped from test to production mode it can actually process the live credit card but it no longer goes to the checkout success page - rather step 2/3 of the checkout with that same error message.

This confuses buyers into inputting their details twice and then their card get's charged twice even though they are still stuck at step 2.

Why would the reply code from direct one (0 for transaction successful) be read by zen cart properly when in test mode and then stop working in production mode?

Does anyone know how i can even begin to troubleshoot this and figure out the cause or the problematic code?

really would appreciate any help on this one. I have put way too much time and effort into my store over the last few months to stop at the final hurdle.

thanks in advance.

regards,
    shaztesting

p.s I have also noticed in the test mode it only takes orders up to $999. Anything over $1000 only get's charged $1. Is this a security setting to limit damage by fraudsters or a problem when sending the amount of cents over curl? (double decimal point, extra spacebar, etc). This isn't as important as the first issue but just thought I'd raise the question nonetheless.

Plugin Contributions

sorry I forgot to add the links to the module we used:

http://www.zen-cart.com/archived_con.../directone.zip

Plugin Contributions

hi,

good news,

i figured it out. the payment gateway - directone- has changed the return string -

all you have to do to get it working is change :

$payment_number = $authorize[1];
    $payment_reference = $authorize[2];
    $bank_reference = $authorize[3];
    $summary_code = $authorize[4];
    $response_code = $authorize[5];
    $response_text = $authorize[6];
    $time = time();

to:

$payment_number = $authorize[0];
    $payment_reference = $authorize[1];
    $bank_reference = $authorize[2];
    $summary_code = $authorize[3];
    $response_code = $authorize[4];
    $response_text = $authorize[5];
    $time = time();

Now only 2 more bugs and this module is going to run perfectly. i'll go post about them now.

Plugin Contributions

help question order_id not matching up by 1

The module in question is directone: http://www.zen-cart.com/archived_con.../directone.zip

This module creates a table to save all transaction details. It query's the 'orders' table to pair a CC transaction with a cart order.

The problem is that the orders_id value it get's is incorrect by -1

eg. orders_id 40 is recorded by the directone table as 39.

the code in question is:

$orders_query = "select orders_id from " . TABLE_ORDERS . "
    where customers_id = '" . (int)$_SESSION['customer_id'] . "'
    order by date_purchased desc limit 1";

$orders = $db->Execute($orders_query);

and later on in:

$db->Execute("insert into " . TABLE_DIRECTONE . " (id, customer_id, order_id, payment_number, payment_reference, bank_reference, summary_code, response_code, response_text) values ('', '" . $_SESSION['customer_id'] . "', '" . (int)$orders->fields['orders_id'] . "', '" . $payment_number . "', '" . $payment_reference . "', '" . $bank_reference . "', '" . $summary_code . "', '" . $response_code . "', '" . $response_text . "')");
    }

I had a look at the 'orders' table and the 'orders_id' column starts at 1 and grows incrementally. However in the 'directone' table, the 'order_id' column starts at 0 and grows incrementally.
    Could this be the cause of the discrepancy? If so, how do we fix this?

is there a +1 I can add in somewhere? or do I have to tell the directone module to start counting from 1 instead of 0?

thanks in advance
    cheers,
    Shaz

Plugin Contributions

In the last few months of testing I have found that i was incorrect in my last post. the order_id entry in the directone table isn't just limited to +1 off the actual orders_id entry.

When multiple customers are all logging into the cart at the same time and making orders the value written into the order_id field can be off my a lot more (depending on the number of customers) compared to the actual orders_id value in the orders table.

In summary, it is not reliable.

I have looked at the paypal, linkpoint and authorizenet modules for a fix but request some help.

At this stage of improving the module it has gone beyond the scope of this thread. There are no longer any return errors when processing so I will be starting a new thread about populating tables in payment modules. Ideally having orders_id as the primary key, or somehow using session variables to get the exact orders_id for the order.

That thread is found here http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133959

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    I am sorry I didn't post earlier but I didn't get a notice of your message. Glad to see you got it working!

I have been using the directone extension for some time now without an issue..until today.

We received a purchase for $1200. The first over one thousand.. However the payment amount sent to directone was only $1

Have you experience this? Any idea what the issue may be?

thanks
    karen

Plugin Contributions

I found this post that sounds exactly like my issue but it is for another payment gateway.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...t=80805&page=7

So I am guessing this is the line causing me problems....
    payment_amount => number_format($order->info['total'], 2) * 100,

Hopefully we will not have any purchases over $1000 for a while!!!
    Karen