Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: snap-affiliates

Quote Originally Posted by Svault View Post
    I've installed this program. Out of the box, it seems to be working as promised. Need to have some knowledge of html & php to get this working properly.

Some pointers:
    - need to update terms/policy page for referral
    - need to add language files
    - once you upload, look for the referral page at: http://yourwebsite.com/referrer_signup
    - using EZ pages, create a link to that page.

Good luck everyone!! Thanks to the author for the program. I've been looking for a free affiliate program for a very long time!!
    Did you fully integrate this mod into your website? Your last post on this topic was some time ago and the thread seems dead now.

Plugin Contributions

I ended up using the jrox one that is also free. My webmaster couldnt get the other one working correctly at all. and the jrox was pretty simple for him to do.

Plugin Contributions

I do not believe this works on cart 1.3.9 c, I am able to install but I can not get to the referrer_signup page........

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gabbytwin View Post
    I ended up using the jrox one that is also free. My webmaster couldnt get the other one working correctly at all. and the jrox was pretty simple for him to do.
    The price from https://www.jrox.com/jam/payments.php?action=order is $250.00 unless I'm not looking at the same product.

I have gotten affiliate snap to work on my site (1.3.9d... still tweaking the appearance and emails though.

1- After you copy all the files over (after checking them against your existing files-->there were more files than were listed in the install instructions) and run the SQL I created a link to the main page using "index.php?main_page=referrer_main"

2- The files includes/languages/english/referrer_main.php
    includes/languages/english/referrer_main.php
    includes/languages/english/referrer_main.php needed to be in my overides folder to get rid of the NAVBAR_TITLE issue.

3- Banners can be inserted by editing the includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_referrer_tools_default.php file lines 118 to 127. You can change the dimensions of the images here as well to reflect your banner sizes.

3.1- Copy your banner images into the includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/images/referrers/ folder. Name them according to the file above e.g. ref.160.600.jpg for a 160x600 image, ref.468.60.jpg for the 468x60 image, etc. and comment out the ones you are not using.

4- I was having issues with the email to notify the admin about a new sign-up not working. If you have ADMIN|EMAIL OPTIONS|EMAIL FRIENDLY ERRORS set to TRUE then you might get the same error. You can edit the includes/modules/pages/referrer_signup/header.php file line 56 from admin_level = 1 to admin_level = 0 or you can do what I did and create a second admin user called Affiliate Manager with my [email protected] email address and left it at Admin_Level = 1

5- I've been changing all references to referrer to affiliate

I'm trying to get the includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_referrer_tools_default.php to correctly form the emails sent to the affiliates upon approval. The email body currently reads

"Your MYDOMAIN affiliate account has been approved!

$EMAIL_MESSAGE_HTML

Any help on how to fix the emails would be appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by thelawman View Post
    4- I was having issues with the email to notify the admin about a new sign-up not working. If you have ADMIN|EMAIL OPTIONS|EMAIL FRIENDLY ERRORS set to TRUE then you might get the same error. You can edit the includes/modules/pages/referrer_signup/header.php file line 56 from admin_level = 1 to admin_level = 0 or you can do what I did and create a second admin user called Affiliate Manager with my [email protected] email address and left it at Admin_Level = 1
    Should have proof read...

4- I was having issues with the email to notify the admin about a new sign-up not working. If you have ADMIN|EMAIL OPTIONS|EMAIL FRIENDLY ERRORS set to TRUE then you might get the same error. You can edit the includes/modules/pages/referrer_signup/header.php file line 35 from admin_level = 1 to admin_level = 0 and in /admin/referrers.php or you can do what I did and create a second admin user called Affiliate Manager with my [email protected] email address and left it at Admin_Level = 1.

4.1- Change line 56 from "admin/referrers.php?referrer=" to reflect what you renamed your admin folder.

I'm trying to get the admin/referrers.php to correctly form the emails sent to the affiliates upon approval. The email body currently reads

"Your MYDOMAIN affiliate account has been approved!

$EMAIL_MESSAGE_HTML

Any help on how to fix the emails would be appreciated.
    The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: snap-affiliates?

change the cookie time in includes/application_top.php line 167

setcookie("referrer_key", $_GET['referrer'], time() + 60*60*24*365, "/");

365 for 1 year
    90 for 90 days
    60 for 60 days
    30 for... you get the picture
    The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Plugin Contributions

tyvm lawman hugzzz very helpful!!

Plugin Contributions

Glad to have helped... please let me know if you have any luck with the 'approved|banned|paid' emails that get sent out.

I've emailed the author but haven't gotten a response yet. Hope to hear something soon.

Plugin Contributions

managed to install it, but when i go to sign up it takes me to the normal account signup/login page!

If you're not on SEO, type index.php?main_page=referrer_signup

any help sorting out the login page would be good.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dealman876 View Post
    managed to install it, but when i go to sign up it takes me to the normal account signup/login page!

If you're not on SEO, type index.php?main_page=referrer_signup

any help sorting out the login page would be good.
    That is correct, it uses the same login form and integrates into zen cart. They will show up as a customer and under the affiliate section in the admin panel.

Once someone signs up they are instructed to submit their website address for you to look over. You will have the ability to approve or not approve them as an affiliate for your site.
    Last edited by thelawman; 26 Jun 2010 at 05:25 PM.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast