Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: snap-affiliates?

Quote Originally Posted by arcanesanctuary View Post
    I noticed a lot of people asking if Snap works with Zen 1.5.0 and I just installed it. I can definitely say Snap does NOT work with 1.5.0. It creates an error that would either make you delete your install and reinstall or if you are good at php you can attempt to find the error and fix it manually.
    I am working on Snap Affiliates to get it to work with ZenCart 1.5.0 but it will take some time.

Plugin Contributions

I was able to hire a programmer at ODesk.com to convert snap affiliates module to zen cart version 1.5.

It was about $200

I would share it but we have made so many customization's that its pretty much only usable by us.

Jacob

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by JacobBushnell View Post
    I was able to hire a programmer at ODesk.com to convert snap affiliates module to zen cart version 1.5.

It was about $200

I would share it but we have made so many customization's that its pretty much only usable by us.

Jacob
    Yeah most oDesk freelancers tend to do that...

Upgrades....you win some you lose some. Wanted to say Yay...instead I said Heyyyyyyyyyy.

Plugin Contributions

I installed this on 1.5.0... I have a lot of mods installed (including FEAC) and it took comparing the snap files against virgin ZC files, and then making a judgment call on each thing that was different as to whether or not it was something I needed to add or not... and then uploading the files one at a time and seeing if they broke the site (they often did and so I'd change something)... one thing I had to change is remove the
    ?>
    from the bottom of many of the files. If my (already modified) file *didn't* have a ?> at the bottom, and the Snap Affiliates file did, I left it off. If I put it on, the whole site broke--wouldn't even display a page. I finally got it to look like it was going to work... all the links showed up for signing up and so on, but when I entered a url and tried to test the signup, I got an error (page wouldn't even load) but can't find what the error was. It isn't in my error logs that my host provides, and when I try to go back to the page I get the "Thanks for you interest in our referrer program. Your application is still under consideration. As soon as we've looked it over and made a decision, we'll contact you via email" page...

The other problem is... there is nothing on the Admin side of things. It isn't in any of the menus. From the thread it looks like it's supposed to be in the Customers menu, but there isn't anything there. I assume this is because of the different way that 1.5.0 inserts things into Admin menus--could someone who knows how that's done post a fix so I can get the menu?

Here is my referral signup page: https://opalessenceshop.com/index.ph...eferrer_signup
    When I submit it, the error I get is: WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.

Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by WebKat View Post
    I installed this on 1.5.0... I have a lot of mods installed (including FEAC) and it took comparing the snap files against virgin ZC files, and then making a judgment call on each thing that was different as to whether or not it was something I needed to add or not... and then uploading the files one at a time and seeing if they broke the site (they often did and so I'd change something)... one thing I had to change is remove the
    ?>
    from the bottom of many of the files. If my (already modified) file *didn't* have a ?> at the bottom, and the Snap Affiliates file did, I left it off. If I put it on, the whole site broke--wouldn't even display a page. I finally got it to look like it was going to work... all the links showed up for signing up and so on, but when I entered a url and tried to test the signup, I got an error (page wouldn't even load) but can't find what the error was. It isn't in my error logs that my host provides, and when I try to go back to the page I get the "Thanks for you interest in our referrer program. Your application is still under consideration. As soon as we've looked it over and made a decision, we'll contact you via email" page...
    Errors where you see the WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again. will appear in your CACHE folder in your site root. Depending on where it happened, it will contain an -adm- prefix if it occurred in the admin area or nothing if it occurred in the front end. I need this before I can tell you.

The other problem is... there is nothing on the Admin side of things. It isn't in any of the menus. From the thread it looks like it's supposed to be in the Customers menu, but there isn't anything there. I assume this is because of the different way that 1.5.0 inserts things into Admin menus--could someone who knows how that's done post a fix so I can get the menu?
    This is because there was a change in the way the menus are built in 1.5.0 (there was a reason why I said NOT to use this yet with 1.5.0). If you want to rush for it, you will need to go to the admin panel.

Specifically Admin Access Management > Admin Page Registration.

The other programs you mentioned include in the installation steps an SQL insert that automatically does this for you. I don't have that.

Here is my referral signup page: https://opalessenceshop.com/index.ph...eferrer_signup
    When I submit it, the error I get is: WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.

Any ideas?
    Again, I need the steps that file I mentioned above from your CACHE folder which will outline what went wrong and where.

I cannot stress this enough... Please:

DO NOT USE THIS WITH ZEN CART 1.5.0 YET!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by retched View Post
    Errors where you see the WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again. will appear in your CACHE folder in your site root. Depending on where it happened, it will contain an -adm- prefix if it occurred in the admin area or nothing if it occurred in the front end. I need this before I can tell you.

I cannot stress this enough... Please:

DO NOT USE THIS WITH ZEN CART 1.5.0 YET!
    1) my cache folder is empty
    2) I haven't seen where you said before not to use it with 1.5.0, let alone "stressed" it... just that you were working on it and needed time.

Plugin Contributions

1) my cache folder is empty
    2) I haven't seen where you said before not to use it with 1.5.0, let alone "stressed" it... just that you were working on it and needed time.
    I apologize about that, but yeah 1.5.0 and Snap Affiliates isn't a good mix right now. I managed to get it to work together but I'm not releasing until I get this bug with the roster worked out.

Can you find where is the directory that was selected as cache in the config file? That or whether the cache setting in the config file is set for?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by retched View Post
    Can you find where is the directory that was selected as cache in the config file? That or whether the cache setting in the config file is set for?
    Where in the 8 million configuration pages would that be set? I can't find it after a cursory poke-around...

Plugin Contributions

Where in the 8 million configuration pages would that be set? I can't find it after a cursory poke-around...
    There is only one (technically two) files that holds configuration, all the rest is coded pages.

/includes/configure.php
    /admin/includes/configure.php

This is the one that you likely had to CHMOD to 444 or 644 to avoid the error message about needing to do so after you installed.

You're looking for a line that reads:

define('SQL_CACHE_METHOD', 'file');
    define('DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE', 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs/zencart/cache');

or something similar.

What is the value listed there? The second should be file, database, or none. The second contains where all these errors are stored as log files.

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast