Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: snap-affiliates?

Also, does anyone know a quick and dirty way to take an existing customer account and tweak a DB entry so that that customer is now also seen as an affiliate?

Thanks

B

Plugin Contributions

where do I look for that..
    the affliiate tracking code.
    Noppie

Quote Originally Posted by retched View Post
    Can you check to see if the Affiliate Tracking cookie is being installed?
    My Multi_Site Zen Carts
    http://herasonlinemarket.com

Plugin Contributions

I just uploaded the mod to my install version 1.3.9b and all I got was a big fat nothing. I have no idea where to go, no idea what to do and no idea on how to fix this. I have 2 "proofs" tat something was installed and thats the "referrers" and "customers referral" which won't let me do anything.

Robert

Plugin Contributions

Default snap-affiliates send to different email

Originally Posted by thelawman
    I had the same issue with the email error.
    Try editing the includes/modules/pages/referrer_signup/header.php file line 56 from 'admin_level = 1' to 'admin_level = 0' or you can do what I did and create a second admin user called Affiliate Manager with a new email address (I used [email protected]) and left the code as is at 'Admin_Level = 1 '
    I have no idea how that is supposed to work. "Add a second Admin"? To what? I have 8 admins in my store, so if it's a ZC Admin it would be my 9th. if it's a Snap admin I don't know where that would go. And how does the admin_level fit in? What does it do?

Anyway, I did this a different way. First create a new ZC admin:

Go to Tools / Admin Settings and create a new admin with a new email address like [email protected]. This will be the one that gets the affiliate notices.

Find the Admin ID from the Admin Settings page (it's the first column). We will change the Database call to return the new admin you just made, instead of whatever it was doing before.

In /YOUR_ADMIN_FOLDER/referrers.php make the following change around line 33:

Comment out the line (put // in front of it)
    $query = "select admin_email from ". TABLE_ADMIN ." where admin_level = 1 limit 1";
    And add this line, with your Admin ID:
    $query = "select admin_email from ". TABLE_ADMIN ." where admin_id = YOUR_NUMBER";
    After the edit my 2 lines look like this:
    //**Return the Affiliate Admin Email only** $query = "select admin_email from ". TABLE_ADMIN ." where admin_level = 1 limit 1";
    $query = "select admin_email from ". TABLE_ADMIN ." where admin_id = 999";
    Do the same thing in includes/modules/pages/referrer_signup/header_php.php. The same line is around line 35. After the edit mine looked like this:
    // **Return the Affiliate Admin only only** $query = "select admin_email from ". TABLE_ADMIN ." where admin_level = 1 limit 1";
    $query = "select admin_email from ". TABLE_ADMIN ." where admin_id = 999";
    Remember: 999 is the Admin ID in MY shop. Use your own number. Works like a charm for me!

Good Luck All

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: snap-affiliates Links

Here's a short list of the links that should be in your site after you install this module. When I tried the old version of snap it didn't work for me, then I got the version from January 2011 that includes the get paid module. Now all these links are there.

You have to login to your site first

your_site_name.com/index.php?main_page=login

Once logged in, you can access your referrer statistics and tools here:

your_site_name.com/index.php?main_page=referrer_main

your_site_name.com/index.php?main_page=referrer_tools

your_site_name.com/index.php?main_page=get_paid

your_site_name.com/index.php?main_page=referrer_signup

Terms & Conditions:
    includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE_DIR/templates/tpl_referrer_signup_default.php
    your_site_name.com/index.php?main_page=referrer_signup&terms

Marketing Tools
    your_site_name.com/index.php?main_page=referrer_tools&terms

THE TEXT LINK::
    Your Default Text Link Can Be Changed Simply Finding this code in the tpl_referrer_tools_default.php about 3/4 of the way down the file
    Find this section of code:
    <h3>Site Link</h3>
    <p>The following link can be used anywhere you want to promote this site. Copy and paste the HTML code following each image into your blog or web page to link to us.<br><br>
    <a href='<?php echo get_referrer_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT); ?>'>YOUR TEXT LINK</a><br>
    <textarea>
    <a href='<?php echo get_referrer_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT); ?>'>YOUR TEXT LINK</a>
    </textarea>

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: snap-affiliates Links

Thank you Tapper. I'll be sure to add in a better README in the version due out during this month or next.

Plugin Contributions

hi , please help me
    i got this error when processing the order
    1062 Duplicate entry '2147483647' for key 'PRIMARY'
    in:
    [INSERT into commission (commission_orders_id, commission_referrer_key, commission_rate, commission_paid) VALUES(2011080204410115,"CNWR_11312215357",0.1,0)]

the page is in http://127.0.0.1/index.php?main_page=checkout_process

Plugin Contributions

This is a great mod and I'm very grateful to its originator and everyone who's helped to improve it.

I've installed all three versions including the newest one (from 1/16/11) without serious problems (ones I couldn't eventually resolve)...until now.

I'm trying to make this work on a 1.3.8a site.

I've uploaded all the files and patched the db and it appears as if everything is in place, but when I log into 'My Account" there's no links to the refferer files nor a headline above where those links should appear.

At the same time, I set up a clean 1.3.9h installation on my xampp server, uploaded the mode and patched the db. Works flawlessly--including the emails.

i compared all the mod files to my existing 1.3.8a files and found very few discrepancies overall and nothing that appeared to be a potential problem.

Is it likely that the current mod pkg relies on something used in 1.3.9 that doesn't exist (or worse) in 1.3.8a? Is it possible another mod--I'm thinking "Edit Orders" or "COWOA", both of which have been in use for over 2 years without a problem( might have introduced something further upstream (cuz I didn't see anything in the snap affiliate modded files) that could prevent those links from appearing on the my account page?

Once again, I truly appreciate everyone's work on this mod. Thanks so much.

Plugin Contributions

As much as I hate having to admit having caused my problem, I'm happy to report I was able to resolve it myself and that Snap Affiliates seems to be working and playing well with everything else on that site.

If I were more logical, I would have realized much sooner that stuff in "includes/templates/my-template/templates" path would trump stuff in I'd uploaded to "includes/templates/template_default/templates".

Plugin Contributions

Can someone please link me to the latest version of this addon? From reading the thread, it looks like a newer version was released by retched sometime in January 2011.... I can't find a link for it though.... I can only find version 1.0.1 released by the original author, Michael Burke.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast