Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: snap-affiliates

Quote Originally Posted by arcanesanctuary View Post
    Didn't work for me at all. The instructions for this mod are woefully incomplete. They need to include what happens after the mod get installed. Where to go, what to do and where all the functionality is.
    I am in the same boat. I have everything uploaded into the correct areas. The only thing I have noticed that's different in the admin area is "referrers" under the Customers menu. From there I'm lost, I don't see anywhere to sign new people up, etc.

Also, I dont have a referrer_signup.html file anywhere to be found.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by BigBopper View Post
    I am in the same boat. I have everything uploaded into the correct areas. The only thing I have noticed that's different in the admin area is "referrers" under the Customers menu. From there I'm lost, I don't see anywhere to sign new people up, etc.

We've been able to get as far as storeurl.ext/referrer_signup.html - and it actually works. Was able to signup, referrer link drops a cookie and tracks. Emails send to applicant with login urls.

We haven't been able to figure out how to get banners in. Also, the breadcrumbs show "Home | NAVBAR_TITLE" -

We still need to put a link to the signup page (storeurl.ext/referrer_signup.html) on our site - one in Footer using EZ Pages, and one on the customer login page.

-------------------

/includes/templates/sherbet/templates/tpl_referrer_signup_default.php file references 'referral_signup' - it is possible since we are using an SEO mod adding .html to the end works for us(?)

Will be playing around with it more in the next few days.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    We've been able to get as far as storeurl.ext/referrer_signup.html - and it actually works. Was able to signup, referrer link drops a cookie and tracks. Emails send to applicant with login urls.

We haven't been able to figure out how to get banners in. Also, the breadcrumbs show "Home | NAVBAR_TITLE" -

We still need to put a link to the signup page (storeurl.ext/referrer_signup.html) on our site - one in Footer using EZ Pages, and one on the customer login page.

-------------------

/includes/templates/sherbet/templates/tpl_referrer_signup_default.php file references 'referral_signup' - it is possible since we are using an SEO mod adding .html to the end works for us(?)

Will be playing around with it more in the next few days.
    Thanks for the info. I have an email into the writer of the plug-in. Not sure if I'll be able to get it to work with my limited knowledge of this type of stuff. I may have to go with the 'recommended' referral system. Just didn't want to have to install something that heavy.

To all:

My apologies for not monitoring this thread more closely. Three kids and a 9-5 tend to suck up most of my free time. I'll try to check in more frequently.

Additionally, please don't hesitate to contact me via email. I'm usually much more responsive via that line of communication.

I have to agree with Svault. Thank you for an affiliate program that works with Zen Cart. I'm having issues installing the mod. I thought I had it installed and the did what it asked on the instructions but it doesn't say where to go to install the mod itself. Does anyone know?

Cheers

Robert
    I'm not sure what you're trying to ask here. You should unpack the SA file right in your Zen Cart directory. All the files should be deposited in the right place. If that's not an option, you can unpack the file locally and transfer each file individually into the proper directory on your host. The directory structure in the file and on your host should be the same, so it should be pretty clear where things go.

-Beau

Didn't work for me at all. The instructions for this mod are woefully incomplete. They need to include what happens after the mod get installed. Where to go, what to do and where all the functionality is.
    I agree, unfortunately. I've been thinking of making a blog post in the near future about what to do once the mod is actually installed. It probably won't be in the next week or two, but I'd like to do it soon.

In the meantime, if anyone has any specific questions regarding post-installation, I'd be happy to answer them.

-Beau

Plugin Contributions

Hi Beau,

These are the two things we need help with.

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    We haven't been able to figure out how to get banners in.

Also, the breadcrumbs show "Home | NAVBAR_TITLE"
    Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

The program looks great, but I need something slightly different. I need to let the customer choose the school they want the commision to go to. I'm doing a "box-tops for education" type of program. Any way to alter this so that everything works but there's a customer interaction possibility?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by BigBopper View Post

I am having the same problem, the only thing that I see is the "referrers under the Customers menu"
    Not sure what has gone wrong

Plugin Contributions

There is no referrer_signup.html file to be found -

enter /referrer_signup.html at the end of your store url and it will appear if installed correctly.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast