Plugin Contributions

help question Re-Process Credit Card Orders before upgrading to Web Payments Pro?

I am using Zen Cart 1.3.8a.

My Zen Cart was accepting Pay Pal transactions but not credit card transactions - although everything appeared to work fine on the surface. The clients got an email receipt and I was notified of the order. However, the clients' credit cards were never processed and I never received the funds in my Pay Pal account.

I discovered that I needed to upgrade my Pay Pal account to Web Payments Pro. Now, it accepts Pay Pal as well as Credit Card transactions successfully.

My issue is I need to re-process the credit card orders as I never received the funds from those sales prior to upgrading to Web Payments Pro.
    Can I program the Zen Cart to run these through manually or automatically?

I contacted the customers individually but only about 20% have re-sent the funds after being invoiced

What shall I do?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Re-Process Credit Card Orders before upgrading to Web Payments Pro?

I contacted the customers individually but only about 20% have re-sent the funds after being invoiced
    You should not have their CC details - So how do you intend on processing without that?
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I sent an email to the customers and explained that there was a "glitch" in the credit card processing system during that time. I told the customers to look at their cc statement to verify that they were never charged for the sale. Then I invoiced them via Pay Pal for the order and some graciously paid.

Do I turn to Pay Pal since they have always been the payment processor?

Thanks for your input on this!

Plugin Contributions

This might have to be a lesson well learned if they will not respond.
    PP standard has the capability to process CC's if this is what one selects....you should not have shipped until you were certian that payment was processed.

There are also instances where payment is received and once shipping tracking info is received, they will cancel the payment.
    Usually a high dollar item shipped to another country or ordered with one address and shipped to another.

You can contact PP, but do not expect much in the way of support.

The other payment gateways are much better at protecting the seller where PP always sides with the buyer.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten