Thread: Paypal Problem

Default Paypal Problem

I have been testing my Paypal Express Checkout system and it seems to half work! When I go to pay for a test item, I am only offered Buyer Credit and eCheck. I don't have buyer credit, so I changed to eCheck and processed the payment successfully. However, the payment went through from my paypal balance (which I wanted in the first place, but was not offered as a funding option) What is the problem? I checked and rechecked my settings and everything looks good! I ran all the test tools and again, good!

My site is: www.bigmacktrucks.com/store

Default Re: Paypal Problem

Nevermind...I just canned Express Checkout and set up Standard Paypal instead.

I do have a question on Standard...Should I still get a [New Order] notification from ZenCart? I got the order confirmation at my email address (customer) but nothing came yet to my store address? I did also receive the paypal confirmation at my store address...

Is this normal or am I missing something?

Also, the PP Confirmation said that my address isn't confirmed but it actually is...please advise.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RocketFoot View Post
    However, the payment went through from my paypal balance (which I wanted in the first place, but was not offered as a funding option) What is the problem?
    That is a question you'll have to ask PayPal. Zen Cart has no control over funding options presented when you're on the PayPal website.

I do have a question on Standard...Should I still get a [New Order] notification from ZenCart? I got the order confirmation at my email address (customer) but nothing came yet to my store address? I did also receive the paypal confirmation at my store address...

Is this normal or am I missing something?
    That's a classic problem with Standard if your server is unable to receive notifications from PayPal's server to confirm receipt of payment. You'll need to check to ensure that your server is actually able to receive the notifications successfully. Some discussion of the many potential problems with Standard can be found here: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/PayPal
    Express transactions still need to have the notifications working, but order details will not be witheld when Express is used, because confirmation is immediate when using Express Checkout.

Also, the PP Confirmation said that my address isn't confirmed but it actually is...please advise.
    Again, you'll have to ask PayPal about that. That's why they have a support email address and phone number.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Thanks for the reply!

I did eventually get the missing New Order email...it came about 45 minutes after I posted.

Changing to Paypal Standard fixed the options problem. I don't know how or why, but it is fine now. All systems GO!

The address problem was because my test address did not match my Paypal confirmed address, so it marked it unconfirmed. I can see this being a slight problem but I'm not sure if I can change it so it doesn't do that?