Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default blank welcome page

Hi,
    Just uploaded 1.3.8 to the server and created the database. Browsed to /zc_install/ and got a blank page (page title says Setup - Welcome, which is nice, but.)
    Where to now?
    Thanks, Jen

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: blank welcome page

Check the similar threads at the bottom of this page
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, checked all the threads below but all these people got through the first install page, but I can't even get that. I did check that file config_checkup/header_php.php, it's definitely there.
    Any other ideas before I do a complete new upload? Should I go back to 1.3.7, which I've got to work with no problems on this server twice already? Jen

Plugin Contributions

Is this a clue -
    I browsed to the /store/ folder and got a page saying that I was seeing this page (maybe) because "Your /includes/configure.php and/or /admin/includes/configure.php file contains invalid path information and/or invalid database-connection information."

But when I had a look, neither of these files even exist, either on the server or in my complete fileset on my hard-drive. What could this mean?
    Jen

Plugin Contributions

OK, excuse a version 1.3.8 newbie, just found out I had to rename those configure files from dist_configure, they do exist. So I renamed them and changed permissions on them to 777 (and all the other files listed in the installation instructions) but it has not made any difference.
    Any ideas most welcome, or I'll start over, but would prefer not to have to. Jen

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The most common cause of problems when using the installer is failed FTP uploads, and the fix for that is to re-upload the files again using a reliable FTP program that tells you if something fails to upload properly and lets you try it again. A good free reliable FTP program is FileZilla at http://filezilla.sf.net

Additionally, you'll find installation instructions in the /docs/ folder of your Zen Cart files. Point your browser to the /docs/index.html file and read the install guide for further assistance.

Installation concepts have not changed since v1.1.0 ... it's pretty straightforward.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks DrByte - I had pretty much got to the point where I was going to delete the lot and start over anyway. I use CuteFTP and it does tell me if there's a failure, and I thought I'd gone through and fixed the lot, but maybe not.
    Here goes agin ... jenpen

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same problem. After running version 1.3.7 for a year now I thought I'd create another version using 1.3.8. I ran the installation on my home computer first, offline, and that went without a problem.

I then transfered the installation files to my server in a new directory and tried to run the installation but after the initial page it goes blank. No welcome screen. I uploaded my files half a dozen times using cuteftp, just in case it was some sort of transfer problem but I kept getting the same result.

I've just tried the same using filezilla with the same result.

However I did download the zc_install file and did a content comparison between the uploaded files and my initial files. The only diference reported on the files I checked is the following response.
    "these files use different carriage return types"

or

"the EOL are of diferent types (DOS/UNIX/MAC) in the current file."

Would that be important?

Soon I'll try my old 1.3.7 version and I'll see if that makes any difference.

Plugin Contributions

Not sure if I can help you because I took my last resort option and deleted the lot and re-uploaded, and this time it worked. But I have noticed quite a few set-up differences between 1.3.7 and 1.3.8 so make sure you read the reference docs. In particular , rename and CHMOD your configure.php files.
    Best of luck, Jen

Plugin Contributions

Hi Jen,

Thanks for the answer.

Its not the file transfer. I've just used filezilla to transfer all the files for zencart version 1.3.7 and the setup program runs ok.

I then did the exact same thing with 1.3.8 in another directory and all I get is a blank page.

Theres definitely something different with the installation files for zencart 1.3.8

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast