Plugin Contributions

Default Product pricing problem

Now that I have a general store layout that I like, I'm adding additional inventory. As a note, rigth now I'm doing everything locally on my laptop and won't upload to the server until I've worked the bugs out.

I just added several products using the Catalog...Categories/products buttons on the admin screen. Most of the products show up as they are supposed to, with pricing and quantity information as well as the "add to cart buttons". However, one particular product was given a price and quantity just like the others, but when I go to view it in the "Store", the price appears but the quantity does not. Furthermore, this one troublesome product does not have "add to cart" buttons underneath the image even though the other products do. I tried deleting the troublesome product and starting over, but the same thing happens. I thought I had created the products the same way, using all the same options (except for the price and description), so why would the add to cart button not appear?

Interestingly, when you go to the parent category, the troublesome product has the icons: e, x, m, c, a but no $
    the subcategories with no problems show: e, x, m, c, a, $
    (I'm speaking about the little circular buttons on the right side of the window). Why would the $ be missing from the troublesome product?

Edit: here is the structure

Sock Club (main category)
    6 month club (subcategory)
    3 month club (subcategory)

Anything I put into the 3 month subcategory ends up with the normal appearance.
    On the other hand, anything I put into the 6 month subcategory won't display a quantity when you view the item in the store nor will it show the add to cart button.
    Last edited by Snicklefritz; 9 Dec 2009 at 06:41 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product pricing problem

One more interesting thing. When I go to the good folder (3 month club), to add more products you see a drop down menu where you can select things like "product - general" and other stuff.

The bad folder (6 month club) doesn't have a drop down menu.

The same problem occurs if I make a new subcategory and try to put stuff in it. I must have changed an option somewhere but didn't realize the effect it would have. What should I do to fix the problem?