Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Adding Freight Shipping for specific items based on State Location

A few of our items are shipped via Freight carrier. And with that being said, they are fllat rates to each specific state. There is also a factor of a residential fee, which I can add as an attribute.

Example: Alabama $133.00 Florida $145.00 Maine $168.00 and so forth. I was thinking of adding each state as an attribute, but then the customer could always pick a lower priced location like Alabama and be shipped to Florida based on their actual address.

Any suggestions would be great!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding Freight Shipping for specific items based on State Location

I suppose another means would be to take an average of all states for each specific item and do it that way. And then just bump up the weight in the product listing to hit that amount. Now with that being said, how would I remove the weight showing on the product page as well as on the shipping estimator?

Since for example to hit my average shipping on the product im testing with, it will have to be 145lbs. And the actual product is no more than 25lbs.

ANY thoughts/suggestions would be great.

Plugin Contributions

TTT for per state/per item config reply

Plugin Contributions

How many items are priced special by state?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply.

I would say right now under 50, but might go higher as the weeks go on.

Plugin Contributions

You could add a new table and design it to contain the products_id and zone/state and cost data so a look up can be done and if found, that amount would be added to the shipping ...

This would allow you to customize the cost on a per product per state level ...

It could then be added in to any of the shipping modules ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

How would I go about creating a new table? Any links would be great

Plugin Contributions

You would use phpMyAdmin to add the table and new fields to your database ...

Create a new table such as:
    products_shipping_per_zone

Then add in the fields that you need ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

While working with Linda today, I got my Table setup.

When I run an Run SQL query/queries on any other Table with no addition filters selected, I see the table structure. However when I do that for the table we created, no table shows other than:

MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows). (Query took 0.0034 sec)
    SQL query:
    SELECT *
    FROM `products_shipping_per_zone`
    WHERE 1
    LIMIT 0 , 30

Not sure how to proceed and dont want to keep bothering Linda.

Plugin Contributions

Hi there
    I assume that you have phpmyadmin installed on your server (mine is available from my cpanel login). In phpmyadmin you can see your structure and also add fields etc. Alternatively the proper syntax is:
    describe table_name eg DESCRIBE products_shipping_per_zone to see the structure of the table and show tables will give you a list of all tables to double check your table name

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast