Plugin Contributions

Default Authorize.net SIM module not processing

I'm using ZC v1.3.8a and I'm currently creating test orders to see if my connection to Authorize.net is going through. I'm currently in test mode on the SIM module and Production mode over at Authorize. I've got my login ID, Transaction Key and MD5 Hash all properly set up in ZC's module. Authorization type is set to Capture. Request CVV Number set to True and Customer Notification set to True. Set Order Status is set to Processing [2], Gateway Mode set to Offsite, DB Storage set to True and Debug set to Alerts Only. So am I making any mistakes with these settings or why isn't the order processing to Authorize? I do get all the proper emails from the ZC side.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Authorize.net SIM module not processing

"Test" transactions are never recorded on the Authorize.net side.
    If you want to see them in your authnet console, switch to production mode completely.

Additionally, if you have SSL available on your server (and you should if you're collecting any customers' personal address/email/telephone information), then it's recommended to use the AIM method instead of SIM, since it is more secure and offers a more seamless experience for the customer, resulting in better likelihood of them completing their payment.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

So the only way to really know if ZC is talking to Authorize to place both in production mode? Then how can I place a test order so I'm not actually billed?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by datatv View Post
    So the only way to really know if ZC is talking to Authorize to place both in production mode? Then how can I place a test order so I'm not actually billed?
    You simply do a transaction and then void it (in your authnet console) before the daily batch settles ... often somewhere between 6pm and 9pm each day. You'll have to find out the actual time from your Authnet rep.

You should still test a real transaction, perhaps $1.00, and actually let it go all the way through so that you can verify that the money gets to your bank account. Surely you want to verify that, don't you? Testing only one step of the process seems kinda shortsighted to me.

The best test is always with real live transactions. Period.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Well, I just did a test transaction with everything in Production Mode and it still didn't go to Authorize.net. Checked the Unsettled Transactions link a number of times just to be sure.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What are your authnet debug logs showing when you enable debug log-to-file or to email, and then do a transaction?
    What are the authnet support staff saying about the transaction? They should be able to see it coming through and explain why it's not showing on your console.

Plugin Contributions

I just figured out the problem. It was that the I had the Credit Card AND the Authorize.net modules open. That was the difference. So when you checked out you had radio buttons that said just 'Credit Card' (Authorize.net module although it doesn't say that) and 'Credit Card' with a number of places to fill in your information. I thought that was where i was supposed to do it. The instructions aren't really clear about that. Once I removed the Credit Card mod, it worked. Thanks for the help and sorry for any and all confusion.