Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: Customer Reviews, their full name is diplayed?

Good work Louise!

One thing though. I was not able to find this code:
    PHP Code:
    <div class="productReviewsDefaultReviewer bold"><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_REVIEW_DATE_ADDEDzen_date_short($reviews['dateAdded'])); ?>&nbsp;<?php echo sprintf(TEXT_REVIEW_BYzen_output_string_protected($reviews['customersName'])); ?></div>
    in the file tpl_product_info_display.php per your instructions.

However, I was able to find it in the file tpl_product_reviews_default.php located at: /templates/template_default/templates/tpl_product_reviews_default.php

So I copied it to MY_CUSTOM_TEMPLATE folder, made the change you suggested, and then tested it in my store. Works like a charm!

Quote Originally Posted by Louise-Paisley View Post
    The final edit needed (I think) is in tpl_product_info_display.php

Change line 64(ish)..

Code:
    <div class="productReviewsDefaultReviewer bold"><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_REVIEW_DATE_ADDED, zen_date_short($reviews['dateAdded'])); ?>&nbsp;<?php echo sprintf(TEXT_REVIEW_BY, zen_output_string_protected($reviews['customersName'])); ?></div>
    T0..

Code:
    <div class="productReviewsDefaultReviewer bold"><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_REVIEW_DATE_ADDED, zen_date_short($reviews['dateAdded'])); ?>&nbsp;<?php 
    list($review_first_name, $review_last_name) = split(' ', zen_output_string_protected($reviews['customersName']));$last_name_array = str_split($review_last_name,1); echo sprintf(TEXT_REVIEW_BY, $review_first_name).' '.$last_name_array[0].'.'; ?></div>
    If you make the change above and these three changes already given previousely..

richuno's solution
    Scott_C's solution
    Paul3648's solution

All review pages will have truncated surnames including the write review page.

The full name will still be entered into the database so I guess less than perfect but is not displayed anywhere on the cart front end unless other mods are displaying it.

For those using dgReviews there is one more change to truncate the surname on the product page..

find the following line in tpl_dgReveiw.php

Code:
     <div class="bold"><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_REVIEW_BY, zen_output_string_protected($reviews->fields['customers_name'])); ?></div>
    and replace with..

Code:
     <div class="bold"><?php list($review_first_name, $review_last_name) = split(' ', zen_output_string_protected($reviews->fields['customers_name']));$last_name_array = str_split($review_last_name,1); echo sprintf(TEXT_REVIEW_BY, $review_first_name).' '.$last_name_array[0].'.'; ?></div>

It took a while to get there, but I got there in the end
    Go that extra mile, you never know what's at the end of the road

Empowerment Sanctuary

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for this! I just swapped it and took out the name. Works perfect.

Plugin Contributions

For anyone looking for a way to omit a users full name from the reviews, there is an easier way. This method requires altering only 1 file and (as far as I can tell) works for all the various review pages.

In the file /includes/modules/pages/product_reviews_write/header_php.php - Find the following line:
    PHP Code:
    $customer_query "SELECT customers_firstname,  customers_lastname, customers_email_address
                       FROM " 
    TABLE_CUSTOMERS "
                       WHERE customers_id = :customersID"

To use a customers full first name and last initial, replace the above code with the following:
    PHP Code:
    $customer_query "SELECT customers_firstname, LEFT(customers_lastname,1) AS customers_lastname, customers_email_address
                       FROM " 
    TABLE_CUSTOMERS "

To use just a customers initials for first and last names, use this instead:
    PHP Code:
    $customer_query "SELECT LEFT(customers_firstname,1) AS customers_firstname, LEFT(customers_lastname,1) AS customers_lastname, customers_email_address
                       FROM " 
    TABLE_CUSTOMERS "

This alters the SQL SELECT function for the reviews only. It leaves the customer data intact, but limits the data pulled for a review.

*I have tested this on my own sites, but user discretion is advised.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by BearThings View Post
    For anyone looking for a way to omit a users full name from the reviews, there is an easier way. This method requires altering only 1 file and (as far as I can tell) works for all the various review pages.

In the file /includes/modules/pages/product_reviews_write/header_php.php - Find the following line:
    PHP Code:
    $customer_query "SELECT customers_firstname,  customers_lastname, customers_email_address
                       FROM " 
    TABLE_CUSTOMERS "

To use a customers full first name and last initial, replace the above code with the following:
    PHP Code:
    $customer_query "SELECT customers_firstname, LEFT(customers_lastname,1) AS customers_lastname, customers_email_address
                       FROM " 
    TABLE_CUSTOMERS "

PHP Code:
    $customer_query "SELECT LEFT(customers_firstname,1) AS customers_firstname, LEFT(customers_lastname,1) AS customers_lastname, customers_email_address
                       FROM " 
    TABLE_CUSTOMERS "

This alters the SQL SELECT function for the reviews only. It leaves the customer data intact, but limits the data pulled for a review.

Thanks Bearthings. This worked for me as well.

Plugin Contributions

This method really saves a lot of time. Works on mine.

Just want to remind anyone that, this method only effects the newly added review. So for all previous recorded review, reviewer's names are still FULL name.

PHP Code:
                       FROM " 
    TABLE_CUSTOMERS "

PHP Code:
                       FROM " 
    TABLE_CUSTOMERS "

PHP Code:
                       FROM " 
    TABLE_CUSTOMERS "

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by zekin View Post
    This method really saves a lot of time. Works on mine.

Just want to remind anyone that, this method only effects the newly added review. So for all previous recorded review, reviewer's names are still FULL name.
    Thank you zekin, I forgot to mention that. The same method can be used for existing reviews, but there are several core php files that need to be modified in a similar fashion in addition to any review based add-ons. Either that or the reviews section of the database can be manually "massaged".

Bear

www.Bear-Things.com

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Customer Reviews, their full name is diplayed?

Thank you, BearThings. This is the ultimate solution for the problem.

For those who are unfamiliar with MySQL syntax, in order to add a period after the initial of last name, you can use:

CONCAT(LEFT(customers_lastname,1),'.') AS customers_lastname

instead of

LEFT(customers_lastname,1) AS customers_lastname

in BearThings' snippet.

Just my 2 cents.

PHP Code:
                       FROM " 
    TABLE_CUSTOMERS "

PHP Code:
                       FROM " 
    TABLE_CUSTOMERS "

PHP Code:
                       FROM " 
    TABLE_CUSTOMERS "

Plugin Contributions

This worked great! Thank you very much! I have been trying to figure this out for a very long time now. My client will be very happy.

Plugin Contributions

PHP Code:
                       FROM " 
    TABLE_CUSTOMERS "

PHP Code:
                       FROM " 
    TABLE_CUSTOMERS "

PHP Code:
                       FROM " 
    TABLE_CUSTOMERS "

Am I missing something here? I followed this instruction to the letter (version 1.3.9f) and added a review and it is still showing first and last name for the review

Plugin Contributions

I am using CONCAT on 1.5. Works for me.

You might want to check that you are editing product_reviews_write - there are two other product_reviews folders.

Code:
    $customer_query = "SELECT customers_firstname, CONCAT(LEFT(customers_lastname,1),'.') AS customers_lastname, customers_email_address
                       FROM " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . "
                       WHERE customers_id = :customersID";
    Last edited by paul3648; 12 Jul 2013 at 07:57 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast