Plugin Contributions

Default re-activating "test" mode (installing demo data after initial install?)

Hi there,

I've been searching the forum for topics regarding this and havent been able to find anything as of yet.

I recently got the DIBS module implemented on our webshop and now trying to get the shop accepted. Theres a few issues in this, but mainly they require a larger pool of products and that we dont have yet.

So, I've been wondering if theres any way to reactivate the "test" mode once again ?

- Rasmus

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: re-activating "test" mode (installing demo data after initial install?)

I know this is an old post but there was no reply.
    I also want to install the DEMO shop after I installed Zen-Cart.
    Anyone have any idea on how to do this?
    Also couldn't find the answer in the forum anywhere.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: re-activating "test" mode (installing demo data after initial install?)

Simple: run zc_install again, and re-install, selecting the demo option when presented. Yes, this will wipe out all other settings/data/products you may have entered.

You could optionally set up a *second* store (another set of all the files in another folder and another database), and install the demo data there for easy reference.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.