Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Shipping Rates in Cart [support thread]

This is the support thread for the Shipping Rates in Cart contribution.

There are times when the shipping estimator is just plain overkill. For example, you only ship to one country and you use the flat-rate shipping module. Instead of confusing customers and letting them needlessly complete the estimator, install this mod which will display the order's shipping costs inside the customer's shopping cart, thereby rendering the estimator redundant. All associated costs will be shown clearly, resulting in a simpler, easier and quicker checkout experience.

3 new files and 1 to override.

Screenshot included.

This mod can be found in the Downloads section:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=1300

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shipping Rates in Cart [support thread]

Anyone using v1.0 will need to upgrade to v1.1 in order to correct a bug with the order total when switching currencies. v1.1 also has a new feature to optionally show the currency code in the shopping cart. For reasons unknown, despite now waiting 14 days and opening a related thread a few days ago which went unanswered, the devs have yet to approve the new version. I apologize on their behalf for this. If you would like to download the new version, please contact the administrator of the mods section, DrByte.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Steve300,
    After installing a few mods recently including the Shipping Rates in Cart the notice of combining cart contents has developed a mulfunction. I have tried changing the options in Admin/Configuration/Stock/Show Notice of Combining Shopping Cart on Login
    but it had no effect at all. Shopping cart contents from the previous session are added without any notice.

I was just wandering whether the cause of this malfunction has got something to do with the Shipping Rate in Cart mod. Could you please check this out so that I can eliminate this mod?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Hi I just tested this and I received the notice of combining cart contents as expected.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks. I shall check the other mods I installed.

Plugin Contributions

Okay, good luck with that msatkn.

As an aside, the latest version is now available for download.

Plugin Contributions

I have set up my shipping to calculate by zone rates. I have installed this module and it shows only 1 rate which is UK.

Can this contribution only function within the UK rates and does it change with additional items in the cart?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, the Shipping Rates in Cart mod was only designed for simple setups. If you ship to different countries and have different rates for each country, it's difficult for the mod to know which rates to show on the shopping cart, considering the customer hasn't even logged in yet. In your case, you could maybe add a note somewhere saying that the shipping rates displayed are for customers residing in the uk, then display the estimate button but for international customers and change the button image to say something like "international shipping estimate".

Yes, the rates will change if additional items are added.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Steve300,

I only ship to one country and use a flat rate shipping module. However for one zone only I need to add a fixed charge per order for Quarantine Inspection. How do I do this? Do I need to download your mod? I have version v1.3.8a.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, this mod just displays what the shipping estimator would show if enabled. You need to configure (or most probably code) your desired change with the core shipping modules. This mod would then likely be able to display those changes. I suggest you open a new thread to get help with this as I'm not sure that it's relevant to the mod itself.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast