Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

help question Paypal mixes up my Shipping address as Billing address?

When a user is directed to the paypal payment page, the SHIPPING address the user has entered on my site is automatically copied to the paypal BILLING address... how can i make it so that the users' billing address is copied to paypal correctly? pls see attached

I'm using Paypal Express and v138

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 3.png 
Views:	1141 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	5622   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 4.png 
Views:	1507 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	5624  

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal mixes up my Shipping address as Billing address

Please can anyone help?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal mixes up my Shipping address as Billing address?

I am having the same problem?

Any solutions?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal mixes up my Shipping address as Billing address?

Is there anyone else who has this problem?

Plugin Contributions

Default Shipping and Billing address being mixed up!

When customers checkout using Paypal express and they are directed to the paypal site, the wrong address is populated into the BILLING information. The SHIPPING address the customer has entered in the zen cart checkout flow is the address that shows up on the paypal page as the BILLING address.
    For example...if I wanted to purchase a product and send it to my sister as a gift, and I have entered her address as the shipping address, it is her address that shows up on paypal page as the billing information. This is an embarrassing mistake.

Please HELP!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shipping and Billing address being mixed up!

Can someone let me know if this is a known issue...or if you as well are having this problem!

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

PayPal only lets us pass shipping information, and in the case of someone who has not used paypal before, they're going to see the shipping address as the suggested data on the pay-without-an-account screen which I think you're referring to.

If someone *has* a PayPal account, then *that* billing information will always be used for the billing address.

So ... unless I'm missing something here, this is not a bug in Zen Cart. Maybe a design flaw on PayPal's end, but if you want to change *that*, you'll need to lobby *them* about that.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you SO much for getting back to me Dr. Byte!

I don't exactly follow what you were saying, and I think it's probably because I wasn't clear with my question.

My cart is set up so that a user can either use Paypal express checkout (if they have a paypal account) or they go through the regular Zen Cart checkout process, and then they are forwarded onto the Paypal site to give their credit card number and confirm their billing info. That is where the trouble comes in...if they aren't shipping to themselves, the shipping address (say their mother, brother, whoever) is populated in Paypal as the billing info.

You say that Paypal only lets us pass the shipping information. But that is what I am saying is the issue...when my customers go to the Paypal page they need their BILLING info passed so they only have to fill out their credit card info and hit submit. As it stands, they go to the paypal page and the billing address is their mother's, brother's or whoever's address. I'm sure they don't want to try to charge the person whom they are buying the gift for.

here is another post from a person who is having the same issue, maybe he explains it better then myself:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125948

Thank you for your time!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The 2 threads have been merged, since they're the same issue.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Yes, I do understand exactly what you're saying.

And, there's nothing I can do about it. PayPal is taking the ship-to information (which is the only address they receive from your store) and filling in those fields with that information automatically. If you want them to do something different with that, you'll need to write to them and ask them to make a programming change to their payment systems used around the world. http://www.paypal.com/mts

A customer who has used PayPal before will automatically see a login screen to get to their PayPal account, and will never see the address info you are being irritated by.
    A customer who has *not* used PayPal before is going to see that address screen, and PayPal is apparently operating on the premise that most people ship to themselves and therefore is assuming that it's logical to put the shipping information into those address fields to speed the process of getting to payment. Naturally, the person making the payment must put their own address in their or else their credit card is going to be declined due to invalid address match, so most will simply delete the pre-filled address and type their own in, taking and extra few seconds in the payment process.

I understand how a few customers might find it confusing. But there's nothing I can do about it for you. If you want it, you'll have to talk to Paypal and get them to add that functionality to the services they offer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast