Plugin Contributions

Default assign shipping cost per item - attributes?

Here is my dilemma......

On my site I sell my designs along with other designers' products. I am merely setting up a marketplace where designers can sell their products and I collect a commission from the sale. Since they are shipping the product directly to the customer I cant have any shipping be calculated by zone....the base zone is obviously different for each dropshipper.

Each designer has a flat rate for U.S., Canada, and Everywhere Else. I have tried three clones of the perunitweight shipping module (one for U.S., one for Canada, and one for Everywhere Else) but I have some designers who are in Canada and their shipping to Canada is less expensive than U.S., while most ship from U.S. and its the other way around. Because this, I cannot possibly have a multiplier for each clone which gets me in the ballpark for the shipping costs I need to charge. If these were suppliers than I would simply make it up elsewhere, but I am simply making a commision and cannot negotiate (both up or down) the shipping costs the designers want to charge.

The best solution would be to have an option when I add/edit a product to assign a specific dollar amount to it for U.S., Canada, and Everywhere Else. Is there is anything like this out there? Or any other suggestions from anyone which can help me out? This is my last hurdle and I would very much appreciate any advice!

Thank you all

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: assign shipping cost per item - attributes?

I thought I would clarify my previous title to this thread....

What will work out nicely is to set up drop down attributes for each item to select the shipping cost at the main product page. However when the customer goes to check out on step one is the delivery information page and it gives an option for shipping.

I can set it to free shipping but I would like to remove this altogether since the customer has already been charged shipping to this point. The only thing I want them to clarify at this point is special instructions and shipping information.

Can someone help me out with this and I think my problem wil be solved?

Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

can anyone help me out?

Plugin Contributions

can anyone help me out?

Plugin Contributions

The Per Unit perweightunit shipping module is designed to use the Product Weight, add all the weight together then multiply that by a Unit Rate to calculate the shipping on a per Product basis ...

You could clone the Per Unit perweightunit shipping module for use with the US, Canada and the Rest of the World and change the Unit Rate on the 3 shipping modules ...

This would allow you to set the products_weight to 3 and then:
    US Unit Rate 1 x 3 = $3.00
    Canada Unit Rate 1.25 x 3 = $3.75
    Rest of the World Unit Rate 2 x 3 = $6.00

Would that work for you?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!