Plugin Contributions

Default Interesting UPS XML Curl Error

the error in /tmp/upsxml.log is:
    Error from cURL: Error [6]: Couldn't resolve host 'wwwcie.ups.com'

However, if i type: "curl wwwcie.ups.com" I get a webpage. So, obviously it is resolving.

If I make a test PHP script with: "$ip = gethostbyname('wwwcie.ups.com'); echo $ip;" I get a reply. So, PHP is resolving.

Also, If i put the XML information included in the log into text file called xmlstuff.txt and do a "curl -d @xmlstuff.txt" I get a "No Access Identification provided". But if i use the example straight from the UPS Manual, I get a positive response.

So, my questions are:
    1) Why am I getting this cURL error?
    2) How do I get this UPS XML module working for ZenCart (aside from following the directions explicitly)?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Interesting UPS XML Curl Error

Do you have your Zen Cart site set up to use a CURL Proxy for some reason? Admin->Configuration->My Store. If so, perhaps you need to turn that off.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Curl Proxy Status is False and Curl Proxy address is empty

Plugin Contributions

To get past this portion of the error. I added the IP address of wwwcie.ups.com to my /etc/hosts file.

This got me to a new error. This error shows up on the "Checkout Shipping" page. -- "This module supports only xpci version 1.0001 of the UPS Rates Interface."

In the upsxml.log I get this "An error occurred while processing your request. Reference #179.9a5d740.1241024949.654aff"

However, after a few minutes, the UPS sections of the site now seem to be working and providing rate information.

I would obviously like to still know why I would have to put the address of wwwcie.ups.com into the /etc/hosts file for it to resolve. FYI: My resolve.conf points to 4.2.2.2.... and if there is any actual FIX to it.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Is "4.2.2.2" really the appropriate nameserver address to be using?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.