Thread: Sql Patch

Plugin Contributions

Default Sql Patch

How do you install an Sql patch. I have been trying to install the login as customer modual and ad customer from admin for a year and can't get it to work. I had the modual instaled by my hosting company once and it works but I'd like to be able to do it myself.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sql Patch

in admin

Tools / install SQL patches

here you have two option , either upload the sql file for it being process by zc or copy past the sql command from the file

Plugin Contributions

I tried to install the sql patch as you instructed but I get an error message:
    Failed: 1 ERROR: Cannot insert configuration_key "MASTER_PASS" because it already exists
    Note: 1 statements ignored. See "upgrade_exceptions" table for additional details.

Below is the file I'm attempting to insert.

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) VALUES ('Master Password', 'MASTER_PASS', 'yourpassword', 'This password will allow you to login to any customer\'s account.', 1, 23, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

Plugin Contributions

ERROR: Cannot insert configuration_key "MASTER_PASS" because it already exists
    The error code is self-explanatory - It is telling you it is already in the database.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Yes but the modual (add customers from admin) just won't seem to function. The add customer button will not show up in admin under the customer box. I also noticed that when I had my hosting company install the mod in a seperate instance of zen-cart the sql file shows the data base #. When I try to install the mod I don't get that file to show up. I host with site ground and my version of zen cart is 1.3.8. I am using the default template on a fresh install of zen-cart to attempt this; so far without sucsess.