Plugin Contributions

Default Meta_tag_title what is now wrong?

Hello,
    Top of my browser i have meta_tag_title and trying to change that to something else.
    Tried to use meta_tags.php and readed many answers to similar questions but seems no help for me
    Only if im in admin section it wil read wel Zen Cart! page title,or anything else if i change it,but in my shop page(es) doesnt matter where i click on,wil always be on the top of my browser meta_tag_title

This is actualy in mine meta_tags.php file
    // page title
    define('TITLE', 'Zen Cart!');

// Site Tagline
    define('SITE_TAGLINE', 'The Art of E-commerce');

Im Using 1.3.8 ver
    costum template

Ty very much

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Meta_tag_title what is now wrong?

It's a little hard to say without seeing your site, but look in includes/languages/english/YOUR_TEMPLATE/index.php (where YOUR_TEMPLATE is the name of your custom template) and see what it says for the following lines:

Code:
    Line #31 : define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Available Products'); 

Line #51 : define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart™ E-Commerce Solution.'); 

Line #55 : define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart™ E-Commerce Solution.');
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

Hello,
    Sorry for late reply ,but here is where the problem was, only i dont know how it can be there

/includes/templates/template_default/common/html_header.php

on the line 24

<title><?php echo META_TAG_TITLE; ?></title>

Iw changed to title of mine website,tested all working fine til now hehe.
    And my website is www.srpskasportskaprodavnica.com/zen (it wil be some time password protected probably because working on web)
    Ty alot "afo" on reply and trying to help!

Plugin Contributions

Mambo,
    You have hard-coded out a variable rather than fixing the variable where it is defined.
    Whenever you see UPPERCASE_WITH_UNDERSCORE, it's a variable that should be defined where Mary Ellen said.
    I'd suspect that you lost a single quote (') where the define statement's located.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Mambo,
    You have hard-coded out a variable rather than fixing the variable where it is defined.
    Whenever you see UPPERCASE_WITH_UNDERSCORE, it's a variable that should be defined where Mary Ellen said.
    I'd suspect that you lost a single quote (') where the define statement's located.
    The problem is that real problem isnt solved on good and right way,but could not just ignore that meta_tag_title on my browser,so temporarly solution i have found wil be fixed on good and right way ofc.
    Ty guys!
    Cheers

Plugin Contributions

I tried to help you by posting where to look, but you chose to ignore me instead of responding.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by afo View Post
    I tried to help you by posting where to look, but you chose to ignore me instead of responding.
    Afo i didnt ignored you and ofc. dont want to ignore noone special ppl like you who help.
    I just didnt quote your message but second post is mentiod as answer on your reply
    Tried to look there ofc. but nothing.

And if i miss something,its because im tired like a hell, so if i miss something no offense nothing on purpose!

Just to know i love Zen and you are great guys,this kind of support is hard to find!
    Cheers

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by afo View Post
    It's a little hard to say without seeing your site, but look in includes/languages/english/YOUR_TEMPLATE/index.php (where YOUR_TEMPLATE is the name of your custom template) and see what it says for the following lines:

Code:
    Line #31 : define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Available Products'); 

Line #51 : define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart&trade; E-Commerce Solution.'); 

Line #55 : define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart&trade; E-Commerce Solution.');
    This file does not contain Meta_tag_title

Actually if you look at meta_tags.php is does not either

Somewhere TITLE and SITE_TAGLINE are combined into Meta_Tag_Title but i cannot find it

Plugin Contributions

Look in includes/modules/meta_tags.php. META_TAG_TITLE is built from various constants depending on the usage. If the constants are improperly built, the result is that the META_TAG_TITLE constant is displayed.

To find constants like that use admin>tools>developers toolkit
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey