Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Coupon Restrictions not working with more than one product!

I've create a coupon that is to be used on several of my products, but not all.

The way I am trying to configure this is to, as an example, add two products to the Product Restrictions, set to Allow.

As long as I only have one Product Restriction added, the coupon will not be accepted for other products (correct).

Once I add the second Product Restriction set to "allow", ANY product in my store will accept the coupon, not just the two listed products.

Am I configuring this wrong? It's ZC 1.3.8. See attached picture. I have two products that are supposed to accept the coupon; but it works on ALL products.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Coupon Restrictions not working with more than one product!

Set the TOP category to DENY ...

Does this correct your issues?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

NOTE: also go through the Known Bug Fixes and update your files:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?p=697924
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Set the TOP category to DENY ...

Does this correct your issues?
    Sorry for the late response. Yes, I had independently discovered that, but it seems sort of counter-intuitive to me. Is it actually supposed to work that way, or is that sort of a workaround for something that is not working 100% correctly? ;)

I checked the list of bug fixes and didn't find anything directly related to coupons, so am I correct in thinking that I don't need to reflect all of those issue if I'm not having any problems?

And when do you think 1.4 will be released? Thanks...

Plugin Contributions

Known Bug Fixes to v1.3.8 are something that should be added to all of the v1.3.8 ...

As is the USPS May 2008 patch and the Security Alert 2009-09-19 ...

Whether you choose to apply these fixes is up to you ... but it is kind of like saying the Fuel Injector on your car has been recalled ... Your car works fine ... why bother to get it fixed?

As to a bug or a work around, well ... kind of a combination of both until there is the perfect logic combination that works under all circumstances, this setting seems to resolve the issue to build the logical validation of a Discount Coupon that can be placed on Products or Categories and allowed or denied in a bazillion combinations ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Known Bug Fixes to v1.3.8 are something that should be added to all of the v1.3.8 ...

As is the USPS May 2008 patch and the Security Alert 2009-09-19 ...

Whether you choose to apply these fixes is up to you ... but it is kind of like saying the Fuel Injector on your car has been recalled ... Your car works fine ... why bother to get it fixed?
    The analogy is not entirely correct. It's more like:

There has been a fix for electric windows that relates to them staying down. However, I always keep them up all the way and never ever use them.

You can take your car in and have the "fix" applied, but there's a danger that the engine will stop working after that.

Plugin Contributions

I am new to Zen Cart. I keep seeing people write about coupon restrictions but I can't figure out where those are? I want to set up coupons that are valid on only specific products but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do that? Does anyone have any tips? Or is it even possible? Thanks so much!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by GdnGrl View Post
    I am new to Zen Cart. I keep seeing people write about coupon restrictions but I can't figure out where those are? I want to set up coupons that are valid on only specific products but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do that? Does anyone have any tips? Or is it even possible? Thanks so much!
    Yes it's possible.

In the Coupon Admin area, once you have created a coupon, it shows up in the list. You click on the "i" icon (info), and to the right side, there is the area that shows info about the coupon. One of the buttons on the bottom is named "Restrictions". Clicking this opens that page where you can assign which product or products you want to limit the coupon to.

Plugin Contributions

Hi all!

i'm running zencart 1.3.8a

i too have the issue where the free shipping is being applied to all products. I set the TOP category to DENY as discussed and only have one product allowed forthe coupon for testing, even without that item in my cart, it still applies the coupon to everything?

Plugin Contributions

I've realized that if we set our top Category Restriction to allow for the specific designer, then leave Product Restiction blank, it restricts it to that specfic designer... BUT.. if we want to do a certain product only, we can't, because once we go and set allow or deny or whatever combination, it makes the coupon valid for use on any designer.

I asked on a new thread to see if there was any new suggestions or input.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast