Plugin Contributions

Default Newbie: How do I copy Attributes and assign them to multiple product?

ZC 1.3.8a

I searched the forums and the tutorials but found no relevant answer. perhaps this is an easy answer that has eluded me. I hope someone could help.

Ok, I am selling photographs and I already created an attribute called "Select Print Size" which sets up a drop-down list of about six optional print sizes all priced accordingly. I have already created one product (let's call this PRODUCT A) and assigned this attibute with the option values. Keep in mind most of my photographs can and will use the SAME "option name" and "option values" price structure.

So, given this, when I create new products, is there an EASY way to tell ZenCart to assign Product A's attributes-option anme and option values to Products B, C, D, E and so on? Is there a Admin page which makes this quick and easy?

OR, do I have to fo one by one and go through the process of typing in the prices for the option values, selecting the option and all the other steps involved in the Attributes Contoller page?

Any help in making this faster will be appreciated. thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Newbie: How do I copy Attributes and assign them to multiple product?

Hu,
    Notice in the attribute controller in the top right side copy??

admin panel/ catalog/ attribute controller

1. click on the product you want to copy attributes to other products with the same attributes
    2. top menu bar on right side
    3. Notice copy
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Newbie: How do I copy Attributes and assign them to multiple product?

Hello Haredo,

THANK YOU!!! OMG, I cannot believe how easy that was. I knew it had to be something simple i was over looking. :-)

Ok, I have a new question: How can I EDIT the prices for specific Attributes GLOBALLY? For instance, is there a page or feature where I can edit the prices in Attribute with Option Name "Select print Size" then, once prices are changed, it automatically sets those prices in ALL products that are assigned that attribute?

Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

Hu,
    Your welcome,

Take time and look at this:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=101

Or,
    You can create a little code and do it through the MySQL of your cpanel
    Mark
    Hare Do