Plugin Contributions

Default Strange codes/signs admin/login

Hello!
    I have very strange problem with very strange signs inside my login admin page:

Have found very similar problem when click on product image/larger image and when pop -up i see almost the same signs:

View:

Because that view of my website is messed up,the letters are much bigger then it must be and align of my shop is left instead middle of page.
    Using other browsers,like mozilla and netscape there are no problems with view of webpage,sure signs on admin/login page and when click on product image/larger image,signs are stil there.

What i have tried is changing template and used other language,but this wil change nothing.

Where should i look next,which files to look in?
    Ty all hope for help

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Strange codes/signs admin/login

Ma,
    Have you tried this procedure yet to find the wording??

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=39
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by haredo View Post
    Ma,
    Have you tried this procedure yet to find the wording??

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=39
    Hello haredo,
    ty on reply and trying to help,but if i type that signs inside developers tool kit i wil get nothing back as result.It is something what i didnt typed,this strange signs is actualy result of that typo mistake i need to find.

What i found it now is actualy that problem must be somewhere inside admin area probably,because changing template and no changes means all good with costum template files and changing language exlude problem with language files too.

Here you can see it inside admin,doesn matter what link you clcik on inside admin,it wil be stil there in that corner :

Think this wil be very difficult to find

Ty

Plugin Contributions

That's a fairly common error. It can be caused by "gremlins" -- odd characters inserted into the file by your editor. Often it's the result of editing a php or css file using a word processor instead of a proper text editor. Unfortunately I don't know the most likely places to track it down. I've seen other ansers here on the forum about this problem, but as is often the case, it's very difficult to find them when you need them.

Rob

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rstevenson View Post
    That's a fairly common error. It can be caused by "gremlins" -- odd characters inserted into the file by your editor. Often it's the result of editing a php or css file using a word processor instead of a proper text editor. Unfortunately I don't know the most likely places to track it down. I've seen other ansers here on the forum about this problem, but as is often the case, it's very difficult to find them when you need them.

Rob
    Hello Stev,
    Thx for joining this conversation,probably you have right,because in the last days im trying to change alot and geting very tired after hours working on it as result losing control on what im doing :)
    Think this wil take alot time to find where the problem is.

Maybe using Winmerge can discover something strange
    Thx
    Last edited by mambo75; 5 May 2009 at 04:43 PM.

Plugin Contributions

What have you been using to edit the files? Try opening the files you edited most recently in a good text editor like Notepad++ or Crimson Editor. Sometimes the text editor will display the odd characters added by other editors. Winmerge may also find them.
    Mary Ellen
    I came; I saw; I Zenned
    Taking over the world... one website at a time
    Make sure brain is engaged before putting mouth in gear... or fingers to keyboard.

Holzheimer
    Fan Odyssey

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by afo View Post
    What have you been using to edit the files? Try opening the files you edited most recently in a good text editor like Notepad++ or Crimson Editor. Sometimes the text editor will display the odd characters added by other editors. Winmerge may also find them.
    Hello afo,
    Thx for reply,yes im using notepad++ wil try to find mistakes using winmerge,wil let you all know whats happend.
    Ty

Plugin Contributions

Hello guys,
    Just to say thx all on support,the problem was inside english language,to many mistakes,fixed it now and all fine
    Cheers

Plugin Contributions

I was having a similar problem, thanks to the above suggestions I found the Gremlins by using good ol' faithful Notepad.