Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default New to Zen Cart - email SMTP error? and other questions

Hi I'm a newbie to the whole Zen Cart world and I've encountered a few problems. I'm using 1.3.8 on http://www.hidirl.com/zencart/

1. SMTP error, when a new customer tries to register or if they try to send an email through the site.

2. How do I set up the store to accept only Paypal, is there any tutorials on how to set the site up to be compatiable with Paypal?

3. Is it possible to make the categories menu a drop down menu?

Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

- Ben

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New to Zen Cart - how do I set up email? and PayPal? and pulldown category menu?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New to Zen Cart - how do I set up email? and PayPal? and pulldown category menu?

I've already been through the tutorials repeatedly. It doesnt seem to work.

When a new customer registers, I get an error. When a logged in customer tries to check out it doesnt go to paypal and just freezes.

Plugin Contributions

You may need to check with your host about the first problem, or switch the Email Transport Method in Admin - Configuration - Email Options.

The Paypal problem may also be your host. Did you see this?:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...520#post612520

Plugin Contributions

I still cant figure this email out, I have it set to smtpauth and have the correct user password server link port etc so I dont know whats wrong.

Thanks for the Paypal tip man, that did it. Have you any idea on how to change the title of the paypal page, at the moment its displaying the email address.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bgm13 View Post
    Have you any idea on how to change the title of the paypal page, at the moment its displaying the email address.
    You'd have to upgrade your PayPal account to be a Business Account. Only Business Accounts get a business name on them. Others show the account's email address instead.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bgm13 View Post
    I still cant figure this email out, I have it set to smtpauth and have the correct user password server link port etc so I dont know whats wrong.
    Depending on the error message, you are likely using the wrong server address and/or port.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New to Zen Cart - email SMTP error? and PayPal setup? and pulldown category menu?

I looked up some settings and got this from my host.

Outgoing Mail Server
    smtpout.secureserver.net

Requires Authentication?
    Yes

User Name
    The user name you created when you set up your email account.

Password
    The password you created when you set up your email account.

Outgoing Server Port Number
    25, 587, 80 or 3535

I presume the username is the email address?

Does it matter which port I choose?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New to Zen Cart - email SMTP error? and PayPal setup? and pulldown category menu?

Are you hosting this on your local computer, or on a remote hosting company?

Plugin Contributions

Hosting it on USaveDomains.com.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast