Thread: SitemapXML v.2

Page 31 of 212 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: SitemapXML v.2

A few random questions on this mod:

1) Should you really leave the permissions set to 777 on the .xml files in the root directory of your site? I've set mine back to 644, but I'm guessing this willl prevent sitemap from updating with the cron job.

2) Google returns that my sitemap contains no urls. Why? I've installed as per the instructions, renamed the googlesitemap.php.txt file, and run "step 1 and 2" from within the site admin.

3) Are the default settings as installed ok for most sites?

4) Testimonials??? Does Zencart have this function, or am I being really thick?

Running 1.3.8a, and sitemapxml 2.1.0.

www.sole-sisters.co.uk

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Martot View Post

1) Should you really leave the permissions set to 777 on the .xml files in the root directory of your site? I've set mine back to 644, but I'm guessing this willl prevent sitemap from updating with the cron job.

2) Google returns that my sitemap contains no urls. Why? I've installed as per the instructions, renamed the googlesitemap.php.txt file, and run "step 1 and 2" from within the site admin.

www.sole-sisters.co.uk
    Right, problem 2) may have been casued by the permissions problem in 1). I temporarily set them back to 777 and webmaster now has all the urls, (but not indexed - I'm guessing this takes time?)

Is there any way around having permenant 777 access to these files. Surely this can't be safe?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Martot View Post

www.sole-sisters.co.uk

4) Testimonials???
    This is a add on you can download here
    Is your site Upgraded to the current version 1.5.4 Yet?
    zencart-upgrades-website-installation

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: SitemapXML v.2

My ZenCart is versioin 1.3.8a and have sitemap version 1.3.19.

I am seeing alerts within my Google Webmaster tools for both my ZenCart categories and products XML's. They read....

"URLs unreachable
    When we tested a sample of the URLs from your Sitemap, we found that some of the URLs were unreachable. Please check your webserver for possible misconfiguration, as these errors may be caused by a server error (such as a 5xx error) or a network error between Googlebot and your server. All reachable URLs will still be submitted".

"Details" show a 500 type error. I checked under Google Webmaster/Site Owners Help, but not seeing anything related to my alert/error there.

The only thing I thought might help was to hit the "resumbit" sitemap.

That did not work....

Also... hate to confuse the issue... But...

The ZenCart is a subdomain to my .com . Everything looks perfect within Google Webmaster tools for that .com sitemap.

Although I wonder if there is an issue connected somehow.. A site called Ganoksin is no longer able to auto add to that sites blog from my .com blog like they use too... They say it is a sitemap problem.

Is it possible that if the subdomain is having XML issues that it would effect the root site ?

Plugin Contributions

Still kind of hoping someone might know something about the previous post..

Any takers ?

Plugin Contributions

Have a Drink Re: SitemapXML v.2

I believe I've searched the entire thread for an answer, but I could have missed it somewhere

I am using several "Editable Sidebox"s. All of the links in them are for EZ pages, which wouldn't be a problem with your EZPage fix except....I've had to disable the "header", "footer" and "sidebox" ordering in order for the links to show up only in my own sideboxes.

I finally figured out that in order to get the Sitemap to read the EZPages, I had to enable them for just a second while I generated the map. But then I disabled them again.

My question is: will this affect how Google indexes them?? Or does the Sitemap just record the address ("/index.php?main_page=page&id=12" for example") without regard to whether they're "active" in the original zencart framework??

I suppose I could wait until Google indexes my site next to see what happens, but who know when that will be

If anyone has an idea, or a workaround, I'd love to hear it!!

Thank you so much for all the work you've done in writing this add-on!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by taogem View Post

I am seeing alerts within my Google Webmaster tools for both my ZenCart categories and products XML's. They read....

"URLs unreachable
    When we tested a sample of the URLs from your Sitemap, we found that some of the URLs were unreachable. Please check your webserver for possible misconfiguration, as these errors may be caused by a server error (such as a 5xx error) or a network error between Googlebot and your server. All reachable URLs will still be submitted".

"Details" show a 500 type error. I checked under Google Webmaster/Site Owners Help, but not seeing anything related to my alert/error there.
    Still kind of hoping someone might know something about the previous post..

Any takers ?
    Not saying this is the answer or I can offer any further suggestions but perhaps it's a permissions problem - check that the sitemap files can be accessed and they are as the mod installation instructions advise..

Plugin Contributions

"URLs unreachable

The only thing I thought might help was to hit the "resumbit" sitemap.

That did not work....

Also... hate to confuse the issue... But...

The ZenCart is a subdomain to my .com . Everything looks perfect within Google Webmaster tools for that .com sitemap.

Although I wonder if there is an issue connected somehow.. A site called Ganoksin is no longer able to auto add to that sites blog from my .com blog like they use too... They say it is a sitemap problem.

Is it possible that if the subdomain is having XML issues that it would effect the root site ?
    I had this problem with SSU installed - I reset the caches, made sure all the folders were there, made sure the permissions were all 777 - then checked my .htaccess.

I had a bad rewrite in the .htaccess and removing it fixed the problem.

Plugin Contributions

Bobthemolder,

I received a response today from my hosting company:

"I see that you have a wordpress related script placed in your htaccess file, i think you may need to look at this part as .htaccess modification is known to cause problems with the google indexing."

Problem is that....

I am seeing several htaccess files. None are coming up under the Wordpress (.com) blog, but within the ZenCart subdomain.

I am looking but not able to tell which script they are seeing.

Waiting for a response from them in hopes they can tell me which of these files and maybe even show me the exact script they suspect.

Some of these for what ever reason return a "no record found" when I try to open them up. Yet they pop up after doing a htaccess search from the control panel.

/public_html/.htaccess
    /public_html/taogemst_myzencart/images/uploads/.htaccess
    /public_html/taogemst_myzencart/googlecheckout/logs/.htaccess
    /public_html/taogemst_myzencart/includes/.htaccess
    /public_html/taogemst_myzencart/includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api/.htaccess
    /public_html/taogemst_myzencart/includes/classes/support/.htaccess
    /public_html/taogemst_myzencart/cache/.htaccess
    /public_html/taogemst_myzencart/pub/.htaccess
    /public_html/taogemst_myzencart/extras/htaccess_for_page_not_found_redirects.htaccess
    /public_html/taogemst_myzencart/editors/.htaccess
    /public_html/taogemst_myzencart/admin/htaccess.php
    /public_html/taogemst_myzencart/admin/.htaccess
    /public_html/taogemst_myzencart/admin/includes/.htaccess
    /public_html/taogemst_myzencart/download/.htaccess

Any way.... Your experience with having a bad rewrite in your htacess seems like it is going to turn out to be a similar fix for me..

Hopefully will hear back from them soon ..

Thanks to you and g_force too for responding

Plugin Contributions

AFAIK, you can only have 1 .htaccess

Sometimes multiple will get created when you make backups, but you should find the right/active one and delete the rest.

Wordpress shouldn't be doing anything to your .htaccess unless it's in the same directory.