Thread: SitemapXML v.2

Page 15 of 212 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: SitemapXML v.2

Quote Originally Posted by countrycharm View Post
    Try adding it in your .htaccess then and see what happens.
    Crashes the site until I remove it. Obviously the host feels strongly about this ;)

I installed Wamp Server and have gotten my site to run locally. However when I generate my sitemap the links look like this:

http://localhost/giggles/index.php?m...85&language=en

Any idea how to get them to show real URL's and seo friendly links?

Barry
    Barry Zen Cart 1.3.8
    www.giggles.com
    Zen Me Baby!

Plugin Contributions

64M is a tad high. Start at 16M then increase by 4M until you get it to work.

I do believe on page 12 or 13 of this thread, it mentions to change the setting for displaying Languages. Once turned OFF then delete your current xml files that displaying the language, re-upload the original blank ones, then create your sitemaps anew.

As to friendly SE links, using Sitemap v2.1 and Ultimate SEO module, the URLs in the sitemap are identical to what shows in a Browser.

Plugin Contributions

For a shop that is not in the home directory (/store for example), is there a switch as in the previous version to place the sitemap files in the site root?

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kiddo View Post
    For a shop that is not in the home directory (/store for example), is there a switch as in the previous version to place the sitemap files in the site root?

Thank you
    I was able to move it to my store root by changing the includes/classes/sitemapsxml.php file.
    find
    PHP Code:
    $this->savepath DIR_FS_CATALOG;
    $this->base_url HTTP_SERVER DIR_WS_CATALOG
    and to make it your store root you would replace them with

PHP Code:
        $this->savepath '/path/to/your/webspace/public_html/';

$this->base_url HTTP_SERVER '/'
    Then, if your store's sub directory was store/ you need to change

PHP Code:
        $header .= ($this->stylesheet != '' ? '<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="' . $this->stylesheet . '"?'.'>' . "\n" : "");
    to
    PHP Code:
    $header .= ($this->stylesheet != '' ? '<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="store/' . $this->stylesheet . '"?'.'>' . "\n" : "");
    replacing store/ with what makes sense in your setup.
    that is what I did to make it work.
    Let me know if it works for you
    Matt

Plugin Contributions

All SEs follow the 'robots.txt' file.

So what's wrong with just listing your Sitemap URL within the 'robots.txt' file, as mentioned in the Sitemap Readme file and as per the Standard listed at sitemaps.org?

Seems a lot easier then trying to rewrite the code.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Website Rob View Post
    All SEs follow the 'robots.txt' file.

So what's wrong with just listing your Sitemap URL within the 'robots.txt' file, as mentioned in the Sitemap Readme file and as per the Standard listed at sitemaps.org?

Seems a lot easier then trying to rewrite the code.
    I have some sites that use software in addition to Zen Cart that add their own entries to the existing sitemapindex.xml file. It seemed that altering the ZC mod to put the files in the site root would be the easier thing to do than to mod software I'm less at easy with.

The pointers posted by mdegrandis (thank you!) seem sensible. I'll give that a shot.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kiddo View Post
    I have some sites that use software in addition to Zen Cart that add their own entries to the existing sitemapindex.xml file. It seemed that altering the ZC mod to put the files in the site root would be the easier thing to do than to mod software I'm less at easy with.

The pointers posted by mdegrandis (thank you!) seem sensible. I'll give that a shot.
    What Website Rob was saying if you add this to your robots.txt' file for each site you have, the site map will pick it up. Looks very simple to me without having to rewrite the module.

Sitemap:<http://www.your_site.com/sitemapindex.xml>
    Is your site Upgraded to the current version 1.5.4 Yet?
    zencart-upgrades-website-installation

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: SitemapXML v.2

Ever since I installed SitemapXML v.2, Google no longer indexes my site past the products that it indexed before installing SitemapXML v.2.

I initially thought it was just the frequency of crawling but I double checked both on my website and in Google Webmaster Tools and this isn't the case.

Google crawls my site every day and always with the same results: No Crawl errors whatsoever (except for five "not found" URLs that may be some broken links from other websites).

In Google Webmaster Tools I look at the Sitemaps which shows a perfect status with the following Sitemap stats for shop/sitemapindex.xml:
    Total URLs: 73
    Indexed URLs: 42
    Any idea what could be the problem?

To further clarify:

I am not saying that there is a problem in SitemapXML v.2. In fact, the produced xml files by SitemapXML v.2 are reported by Google Webmaster Tools to be perfect and they actually contain URLs to all the meaningful pages in my web site (73 pages).

However, Google decides for a reason that is unclear to me that only 42 of them will be indexed.

Any idea what could be the reason for that?

Does it have anything to do with sitemap XML?

If not, why did the problem start only then?

Any tip or hint that can help troubleshooting this problem would be deeply appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

I have a new install of Zencart 3.8 and all the DB and systems communicating correctly. I have been running zencart for 18 months now using the older google sitemaps addon.
    It never displayed error free webmaster tool crawl results , always showing an error on the productssitemap.xml sitemap file. It appeared to not index my product pages whatsoever.

As my product pages where not being included in the crawl, I decided to restart the whole store and I therefore installed Zencart and the sitemaps addon. (3 times in the last 5 days to try and get a clean crawl result).
    But it still shows as there being an error in the sitemapproducts.xml file. In fact now it is reporting a 404 not found error with this latest addon.

I just dont seem to be able to get the sitemapproducts.xml results as I do with the sitemapcategories.xml and sitemapindex.xml. The sitemapproducts.xml has my products in it and they show when requested and update ok, but google doesnt accept them into its index or crawl these pages.

I have succeeded in level 2 integration with other systems such a Google Checkout, Adsense, Analytics and many more complicated addon installs, but this one has never been clean, even with a new Zencart install and immediate install of sitemaps, with nothing else changed, it "breaks" the tier of the sitemap tree.
    Any ideas on how I can analize this error and get it resolved would be greatly appreciated. I have followed the installation procedures to the letter and covered all the areas here in the posts to ensure I have not missed something important.

Thankyou.

Plugin Contributions

Link to Microsoft Bing Webmaster tools, with links for submitting site to database and for submitting sitemap.
    Perhaps links can be included in next release??

http://www.bing.com/toolbox/webmasters/default.aspx