Thread: SitemapXML v.2

Page 200 of 212 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202210 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 2111
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: SitemapXML v.2

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    in troubleshooting a speed issue on a development site, i came across the plugin check for updates.

considering this plugin is updated every 1 to 1.5 years, is it really necessary to check for an update on every page load on the admin? or did i butcher my install?
    Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    FWIW, I normally disable that check upon install of the SiteMap XML as well (and for the same reason).
    I see how to disable version checking for this mod in init_sitemapxml.php but wonder how can I tell that version checking (on every page load) is actually taking place. Is it just by identifying the relevant code or is there another way such as server logs, browser console. It seems that it might be useful to know if other mods are carrying out excessive checking. Hope the answer is not too blindingly obvious.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post
    I see how to disable version checking for this mod in init_sitemapxml.php but wonder how can I tell that version checking (on every page load) is actually taking place. Is it just by identifying the relevant code or is there another way such as server logs, browser console. It seems that it might be useful to know if other mods are carrying out excessive checking. Hope the answer is not too blindingly obvious.
    There's no indication (maybe the admin-access log?) that I'm aware of; my approach is to simply search via the Developers Tool Kit for plugin_version_check_for_updates, that tells me who's using the function.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post
    simon, i find nothing on a modern website is blindingly obvious. finding this problem required far more time than i care to admit. a little background: my virtual web server runs a few different development sites. in comparing 2 of the sites, i noticed 1 is blindingly fast compared to the other on the admin. they are both customized v157 development sites; but again served up by the same host. after comparing the db engines and converting tables, and the like, with no discernable difference, i downloaded this plugin, and started looking at parse times and db queries at various times during the page load and finally found the culprit.

you can always add this define somewhere in your load:

PHP Code:
    define('ENABLE_PLUGIN_VERSION_CHECKING'false); 
    to prevent checking on any plugin. and therefore saving time. you can then manually check to see if there is a new version when you run into problems with an outdated version.

at the end of the day, maintaining a plugin takes a bit of time and commitment. and its clear that this plugin needs a bit of maintenance. the current download still makes use of the zen_admin_demo() function, which generates an error, and i think moving the plugin version check to a more appropriate place are needed. i'm hopeful to make a little time and perhaps help out with it. you never know...

best.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Is there a way to improve the speed at which the sitemap generates the product files?

Server is very fast, RAID NVME drives, 256gb RAM and epyc cpu

However, the time taken to build out the products files takes many hours.

Why is the sitemap creation for products so slow compared to categories?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    you can always add this define somewhere in your load:

PHP Code:
    define('ENABLE_PLUGIN_VERSION_CHECKING'false); 
    to prevent checking on any plugin. and therefore saving time. you can then manually check to see if there is a new version when you run into problems with an outdated version.
    Thanks, that's useful. I tend to keep an fairly close eye on the release of plugin updates (esp. though github) so tend not to rely on the version checking in admin, I may incorporate that if I feel there's to be a speed benefit in admin.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

Curious, I'm upgrading my site to work with ZC1.5.7, php7.4 and all the mods I use in it like this one. I've started rewriting the code and notice that it goes through allot of version checking with in the code along with some complicated installation/upgrading code. Is there any reason you can think of that version checking and complicated installation/upgrading is needed? I've removed all of it, about half the code page, and now its working. Still needs allot of cleanup, but Installing, removal according to ZC1.5.7 plugin rules.
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by davewest View Post
    Curious, I'm upgrading my site to work with ZC1.5.7, php7.4 and all the mods I use in it like this one. I've started rewriting the code and notice that it goes through allot of version checking with in the code along with some complicated installation/upgrading code. Is there any reason you can think of that version checking and complicated installation/upgrading is needed? I've removed all of it, about half the code page, and now its working. Still needs allot of cleanup, but Installing, removal according to ZC1.5.7 plugin rules.
    Agreed on the version/installation checking complexity. I'll be interested to see how the zc157/plugin form works for you!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalShadow View Post
    Is there a way to improve the speed at which the sitemap generates the product files?
    Anyone got any suggestions?

The products sitemaps are only processing about half my products, gets to about 300000 and stops.

The 59 files take about 280 minutes to complete and then the script seems to stop running.

A 5000 item product sitemap file takes about 4 minutes to complete

A 5000 item category file takes about 3 seconds to complete.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalShadow View Post
    Anyone got any suggestions?

The products sitemaps are only processing about half my products, gets to about 300000 and stops.

The 59 files take about 280 minutes to complete and then the script seems to stop running.

A 5000 item product sitemap file takes about 4 minutes to complete

A 5000 item category file takes about 3 seconds to complete.
    you need to provide more data and then you need to dig into the logs. you can post some of the execution times that come directly from the plugin, but i would think something is adrift and you need to look at your logs. for example:

Total: files 1, items 434 (86918 bytes), execution time 0:0.4242, db queries 1713, db queries time 0:0.3239.

hard to tell what is going on wo more data.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Adding the correct indexes on the ceon uri database fixed the problem.

Total: Execution Time 6:11.3440, DB Queries 4057474, DB Queries Time 300.304.
    Last edited by DigitalShadow; 26 Sep 2020 at 04:32 PM.