Plugin Contributions

Default Using zen-cart for online registration

Ok, newbie here. Been having a blast customizing my cart for a theatre school class registration but I've just hit a roadblock. I've read several posts regarding handling memberships but none that seem to quite answer my problem.

- I need to integrate a full class registration form that I will receive when a payment has been processed (we don't want to get the registration if they haven't paid online). First I thought I would customize the Create account module to hold my fields but this wasn't going to work if they came back later for another class because then they only log in and I don't get my full registration info. Then I thought maybe my registration form can be integrated to the current shipping window. Before I start on this, I thought I'd pick your brains and see if anyone has any other suggestion (or quick solution??)
    Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Using zen-cart for online registration

If you use attributes in a class "product" for the specific class registration info (and the customer account for all of the non-class-specific info), you won't get the registration until someone has paid. The class info will be in your database with the order, and SQL queries can be written to access it if you need to automate the process, or else you can read the order details and get the info that way.

The class registration form can be recreated as a product with radiobuttons, dropdowns, checkboxes and even text input fields.

Plugin Contributions

Ouf. Ok. Thanks for the reply. I will have to digest this. The thing is I would have liked to get a full registration form sent to my email with every registration and payment that is processed. So I'm sort of looking for a way to get my custom form to be posted when payment is processed. My client is not going to want to log in to the shopping cart, she just wants an email with who registered and paid.
    Can it be done?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by toopy View Post
    The thing is I would have liked to get a full registration form sent to my email with every registration and payment that is processed. So I'm sort of looking for a way to get my custom form to be posted when payment is processed.
    You will -- in the form of an order-confirmation. As Glenn said, just set up attributes for each of your fields, and those details will be included as part of the product-detail shown in the order confirmation.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.