Default Questions about my first Zen job

Hello All,

Mods, if this post doesn't belong here, please direct me to the right place?

I am a Zen newbie and a website designer. I am doing this site for a client and I have some problems with it.

I want to first give thanks to the person who did the "flowers" template, as that is what this site is based on, though I changed it pretty dramatically. I wanted a template that seemed to be very easy to modify, and although my site looks nothing like "flowers", it was the expert way that it was put together that made this one possible.

However, my problems arise from the program itself, and not the template. They are minor problems, but ones that I need answers to.

1. I want to make that banner a flash one. I've done some searching and there seems to be a few different ways to do it, none sounding "safe". So, is there anyone here with some direct experience with that?

2. Rather than having several pictures of the different colors of hammocks that are in some of my listings, I'd like for the main image to change when I change the attributes. I found a LITTLE help on that, but only in the form of another workaround that I may yet, try...can't remember what it was, though.

3. The client wants a set of "suggested accessories" links in each of his listings. I've found NO help on that one.

Bear in mind that I have google searched and not searched through this forum, so pardon me if the answers are literally staring me in the face.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Oh, and one last thing. If there are any that like what I have done to this site, I was thinking about packaging it up as my own little contribution to the community. I don't know how to make it an actual package that way, though.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Questions about my first Zen job

I think you are talking about the AJAX Image Swapper (or something very like that)

For embedding flash, search for swfobject. That should find the clues you need.

For a toybox full of nice fairly easy to use flash widgets try here: http://www.flashcomponents.net

The ones that are XML driven are fairly easy to adapt to Zen Cart. I've used a number of SnowCats widgets with good results.

Quote Originally Posted by kiddo View Post
    I think you are talking about the AJAX Image Swapper (or something very like that)

For embedding flash, search for swfobject. That should find the clues you need.

For a toybox full of nice fairly easy to use flash widgets try here: http://www.flashcomponents.net

The ones that are XML driven are fairly easy to adapt to Zen Cart. I've used a number of SnowCats widgets with good results.

Thanks. I'm trying out the Ajax Image Swapper now.

After I figure that out, I'll give that flash thing a whirl.

On my third question pertaining to "suggested accessories"...any thoughts?

Plugin Contributions

Look in the Free AddOns for upsell or cross sell.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Look in the Free AddOns for upsell or cross sell.
    Thanks, Kim. Will go there as soon as I get this next thing going.

I opened Pandora's Box.

OK, so I installed Ajax. I know I have the right version of MySQL running, but I can't get Ajax to do anything it's SUPPOSED to do.

Is there a simple "how-to" on using this program? I'm sure it's just me, but I can't get the program to work.

And Mods, I realize that I may have to open this up in a new thread, but I will only do that at a.)your suggestion, or b.) I don't get the proper answer here...just to avoid cluttering up your forum with the same question.