Plugin Contributions

Default Placing sidebox on front page

Apologies if this has been covered but the forums on this place are so rambling it is near impossible to find answers unless you hit lucky on a search terms!

I understand the sort order, sort of for the side boxes. Though I have not yet twigged what the single or left/right option do properly.

What I cannot find however is how to put a specific box on a specific page. In particular I wanted to place the notifications box on the front page. I expected to find a setting in the admin section but that does not appear to be the case.

This started after trying to install the plugin for subscribing to newsletters which does not seem to work, in that the side box does not apear in the admin menu so I cannot configure it!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Placing sidebox on front page

What I cannot find however is how to put a specific box on a specific page. In particular I wanted to place the notifications box on the front page. I expected to find a setting in the admin section but that does not appear to be the case.
    Some/many sideboxes have conditionals associated with them. Notifications I believe needs one to be logged in and have requested a notification

This started after trying to install the plugin for subscribing to newsletters which does not seem to work, in that the side box does not apear in the admin menu so I cannot configure it!
    News Letter Subscribe does work and very well...You must not have followed all the install directions
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    Some/many sideboxes have conditionals associated with them. Notifications I believe needs one to be logged in and have requested a notification

News Letter Subscribe does work and very well...You must not have followed all the install directions
    The Notifications box works but only appears on the detailed product page wit no obvious way to get it on the front page, or indeed any other page of ones choosing.

I have now got the News Letter Subscribe to work. Just sloppy documentation. There are several places where you need to change folder names to that of your own template but the documents only mentioned the one. Once I went on an Easter egg hunt and tracked them all down it was fine.

Plugin Contributions

The purpose of this box is:
    displays a box inviting the customer to sign up for notifications of updates to current product
    So display on front page is non-sensical and no switch is provided for this in the admin as the code needs/requires a "current product" to complete it's function
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    The purpose of this box is:

So display on front page is non-sensical and no switch is provided for this in the admin as the code needs/requires a "current product" to complete it's function
    Thanks, I assumed it was a sign up for generic product updates, ie the newsletter but requiring full registration. Will disable this then, hardly needed for my customers individual tee shirts and if I can miss-read it so can his customers.

Thanks for the quick feedback, all seems sorted now I've sussed the plug in