Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Adjusting shipping weight for multiple products?

Hi,

We have our shipping based on weight - to include product weight and packaging weight. If someone orders two of the same product then it automatically doubles the weight,

Product A weighs 0.94 lbs (0.4 product and 0.54 packaging). If a customer orders 6 of product A then the weight and shipping is calculated at 5.64 lbs as it's adding the packaging weight six extra times.

How do we adjust so that the weight for 6 of product A is recalculated and adjusted to only 1.14lbs (0.6 total product weight plus 0.54 packaging)?

We're using 1.3.7
    http://www.cropaddict.com

Our shipping modules:
    USPS
    UPS
    Fedex
    free shipping
    store pickup

Tare set at 0:0

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adjusting shipping weight for multiple products?

Ok figured it out. :)

Rather than have product A's weight include the packaging, I needed to have the tare.

I set the tare to 0:1 and changed product A's weight to it's actual. Added multiple product A's and it worked. :)

Now if I would have only started out 3 years ago with weight based shipping vs flat rate, then total and now finally weight based all this would be moot. :)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update and the break down on how you were able to configure your shipping for this ... this is always a great help to others to be able to review both the question and answer on a problem ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I installed the Shipping Module for FedEx Express & FexEx Ground no problem. We use only FedEx for shipping.

my shipping charges with FedEx is:
    1-5 lbs = $35.00
    6-10 lbs = $45.00
    11-15 lbs = $55.00
    16-20 lbs = $65.00
    21-100 lbs = $add $2.25 for each additional lbs.

how can I incorporate the shipping prices. Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Using modules such as UPS or USPS or FedEx is for the purpose of obtaining real time quotes from their servers based on the weights you supply ...

If you want to build your own shipping methods, you would probably need to customize one of the shipping modules to address the 21-100lbs ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

You lost me there. So I'm admin login, at the shipping module with my FedEx account number added which automatically added the FedEx Meter ID.

Currently, I'm doing a test order and the default FedEx Ground is $4.56 for 1 product, i've looked at the FedEx Ground Shipping module and I don't know where that amount is coming from. The only place I can think of is from FexEx. Do I need to fix my rates with FedEx to change the $4.56 amount? If I did want to make my own shipping module, where to start:? includes/modules/shipping/fedexground.php? Thanks for you help please.

Plugin Contributions

If you use UPS or USPS or FedEx ... you are getting quotes from UPS or USPS or FedEx servers ...

If you want to build other shipping costs, then you either need one of the other shipping modules or customize your own ...

Your rates that you stated:
    1-5 lbs = $35.00
    6-10 lbs = $45.00
    11-15 lbs = $55.00
    16-20 lbs = $65.00
    21-100 lbs = $add $2.25 for each additional lbs.
    Are more in line for Table Rate table or Zone Rates zones where you need to customize the code to handle that last additional item charge ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Hi again Deb,

Thanks for all your help and by the way this is an excellent script.

I've decided to clone the flatrate.php for my lbs:
    1-5lbs = 35.00
    6-10lbs = 45.00
    11-15lbs = 55.00
    16-20lbs = 65.00

since the FedEx modules didn't work for me. The clone flatrate is working just fine. My question is the:
    21-100lbs = add $2.25 for each additional lbs. You mentioned using the "Table Rate" shipping module. How will this work? I've activated the module and don't understand it. If I can't make this last rates work, then maybe I'll just have the buyer e-mail or call since they maybe too many variables. Thanks

Plugin Contributions

I am not sure why you chose to clone Flat Rate for a weight related calculation, but either way ...

If you catch the weight of the order, you can write a formula to calculate the weight that you want and use this on your shipping module ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I've read a few of the shipping posts, and this one, but it seems my client has something out of the ordinary for shipping. Calculating by weight would be...next to impossible. The items are boat trailers. The client currently charges $1.60 per mile to ship. Is there some method or mod that would work for that sort of shipping charge? They also sell small parts, so the standard shipping methods already in Zen-Cart would suffice for them. You can look, if you like, at www.TuffTrailer.com/index.php - the design is 90% client and 10% me...so no snickers. The client has never had on line orders available for his trailers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast