Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product Extra Fields for text, pdfs and flash

Quote Originally Posted by delia View Post
    fast - but not totally accurate, huh?

now it works:
    - -
    Yes, well, we will forgive you that. ;) After all this is open-source and by co-operating we all will benefit.

By the way, would you have any knowledge how to hide a part of description or totally if you are not logged in?
    I have been asking it elsewhere here but didn't get an answer from anybody. I think it is technically somehow related to this kind of extra descriptions.
    The idea is that the prices are hidden (like standard ZC lets you to set up) but in this case part of the "tailored" price info would be also in description, so that should be hidden too if customer is not authorised to see that part of the description.

I think it needs only to know which file is controlling this hiding for the prices and then implement the same conditions for the description or part of it.

Elli
    I may be blond but at least I found Zen.

Plugin Contributions

The following code controls the showroom - no prices, I think. Just use that with the part of the extra fields you want hidden. You can't use it with part of the regular description.

I found another error in the template file by the way. If your file is working I wouldn't worry about it but I have updated the zip zile on my server.

Full example using the extra_field:
    PHP Code:
    if (CUSTOMERS_APPROVAL == and TEXT_LOGIN_FOR_PRICE_BUTTON_REPLACE_SHOWROOM == '') {

// do nothing
    }
    else {
    if(isset(
    $extra_field)) { 
        echo 
    '<li>'.$extra_field '</li>';
    }

The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Plugin Contributions

Aren't those just admin settings or values? You would still need to check if the particular customer was logged in with
    PHP Code:
    if ($_SESSION['customer_id']) {//logged in
      //do something

Plugin Contributions

I'm assuming that's already happening since that is already in the file. Of course, I haven't tested this.

Plugin Contributions

OK, if that test is already done earlier in the file section, it's probably good to go.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by delia View Post
    The following code controls the showroom - no prices, I think. Just use that with the part of the extra fields you want hidden. You can't use it with part of the regular description.

I found another error in the template file by the way. If your file is working I wouldn't worry about it but I have updated the zip zile on my server.
    Thanks for the tips. I will look on that.
    I tried the previous zip and when pushing the category link in the sidebox the whole page went blank.
    I'm gonna test now if your fix helps on that or it can be also issued by the earlier installation of the "Extra description files". There may be some files left from that installation that hasn't been overwritten or removed and are causing the conflict.

Plugin Contributions

Plugin Contributions

ThanksDelia,

Look froward to installing it.

Plugin Contributions

I have build a test webshop just to try this Delia's extra fields there first before installing it to the real shop.
    I ran to a lots of problems and thus I had to take a pause and make other productive things for a while.

The sql in the pack has been installed both with and without prefix to the database, just to try if any of them should work but it didn't. The new database table remains empty.

The error that comes when I open the admin product info form:
    Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/myserver/public_html/webshop/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 29

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/myserver/public_html/webshop/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 30
    Product in Category: "Prefix category"

I created new category called "Prefix category" after installing the database table with the prefix (first was without) and then I made new products there but just doesn't save those product ids either. So I can't get an example either how I should fix the previous test product ids.

The files should all be in the server in their right place and I checked that many times.
    In the product form the master category doesn't exist at all, so not even zero, just nothing like this "Product Master Category: ID# "
    Is that making any difference here?

It would be just nice to find a solution for this.

Elli
    Last edited by ellivir; 7 Jul 2009 at 09:19 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Now I got the extra fields installed. If it helps anybody, the problem was that there was still traces of the module "PRODUCT_EXTRA_DESCRIPTION_EXTRA" (original extra field module by "aetas") in my test webshop. I went thoroughly through all the files that I should removed or replace from the standard Zencart files and then I put again the ones made by Delia and I started to get it working.

Now I will test how to get one of these extra fields hidden when the price is hidden as well.

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast