Plugin Contributions

Default How To Use SWFObject in ZenCart?

Hey guys,

Any of you successfully integrated flash elements to zencart using SWFObject?
    I'm just looking to understand the proper way to use it, but couldn't find anything really helpful on Google.
    I guess it should be uploaded in includes/templates/MYTEMPLATE/jscript/ folder, right? But then, do I need to rename it jscript_swfobject.js?

I played around, but only failures so far...
    Thanx for any advice!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How To Use SWFObject in ZenCart?

you are correct as the location and naming of the js file ..

swfObject.js works by targeting a DIV with proper ID to embed flash content with in your site.. so you might need to alter a zen file to add that div and id for your flash to work in correct location .

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your reply!

Ok, so I got that part... I'll be back with some more I'm sure... LOL I did all that but cant seem to insert flash content, while it works if not in zencart. FF doesn't say anything but IE prompts a violation of the sandbox thing...

I was trying to use an image rotator, AS3 + XML... I'm wondering if the fact it loads data from an xml file is the source of the error message.

Plugin Contributions

the violation might be due to Embed tag that is being used to show flash.. however, js file should have solve that problem .. if you don't see your swf file in ff , chances are that path to swf is not correct or is not relative to the js file .. i seen solution by putting swf in root of the shop and changing the path in scrip to point to swf residing in root .. you may want to try this .

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: How To Use SWFObject in ZenCart?

I realize this is an old thread, but it's the most recent I've been able to find.

I have a Flash object that I would like to display on my main page. Originally, I threw it into an iframe simply because there were other things more urgent. However, now that we are getting closer to launch, I am starting to clean things up and returning to the problem with the Flash object.

I finally managed to get the SWFObject to work. I've used this numerous times on non-Zen Cart sites, so was familiar with it. And yippee, my Flash shows up on my main page.

However, it is pushed down by approximately 250 pixels. When I used the iframe, the iframe was directly beneath the main heading of the site. Now, with the object embedded correctly, there is approximately a 250 pixel gap between the main heading and the Flash object.

I have looked over this several times trying to figure out what the problem is and maybe I just need a fresh pair of eyes.

I guess a link would be useful:
    http://biad.enchanted-graphics.com/index.php

Plugin Contributions

does anyone have any suggestions? my brain is fried

Plugin Contributions

never mind :) i edited my css and it's all good; i knew it was something simple like that, just fried ...

Plugin Contributions

I also am having a problem with an image rotator which uses Flash/AS2/XML

the .swf shows up fine but the images are not being read from the XML file; there is a caption for each image and it displays, 'undefined'.

Is there some reason I would not be able to read an XML file from an .swf?

I have done the following:

1) uploaded the XML using "Binary (Raw Data)" mode
    2) checked the file permissions for the XML file (set to 644)
    3) made sure the image files are there in the same folder as the .swf and .xml
    4) added an .htaccess file allowing .xml files (probably not necessary but just in case...)

Any ideas? I've tested this successfully locally and in a subdirectory, both outside of my ZC store. Thx in advance.