Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Emergency - SaleMaker is not working

Salemaker has just stopped working for me in the last could of days. Specials are fine but Salemaker doesn't work at all. I had two sales set up and running for the last couple of months and they have appeared to stop working after the Security Patch was installed. The timing might be a coincidence but I don't know.

Can anyone help?

Oh, and I tried installing UPDATE products SET products_priced_by_attribute = 0; and it didn't work for me.

Plugin Contributions

Are all the Products in the SaleMaker Category using that categories_id as their master_categories_id?

You should also look at the Known Bugs in v1.3.8 and make sure that you are up to date:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...860#post610860

This is also a good time to ensure that you have all of the Security Patches for your version:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131115
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

"Are all the Products in the SaleMaker Category using that categories_id as their master_categories_id?" I'm sorry, I don't know where to look for that information. Can you tell I'm new to Zen Cart? LOL!

I am running 1.3.8a with all the security patches installed.

I *think* it's because I have linked products. I have a call into my awesome tech person because I don't know how to fix it from the Known Bug - Linked Products directions. Like I said, I'm new. LOL!

Plugin Contributions

You can look at your Products in your Zen Cart Admin and when you edit them, it will show which category is the master category ... it should match the categories_id that you have on Sale in SaleMaker or it will not trigger for the Sale ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    You can look at your Products in your Zen Cart Admin and when you edit them, it will show which category is the master category ... it should match the categories_id that you have on Sale in SaleMaker or it will not trigger for the Sale ...
    Yep, the master category was wrong. ugh! How did they all change? They were just fine and now they are changed. Did installing the security patch do this?

Is there a way to change them all in one category at the same time? I have 261 in one category and 89 in another that need changing.

Plugin Contributions

Go to the Category and click Copy and in the bottom click the Multiple Categories Link Manager button ...

Then at the bottom of the screen you will see:
    Reset ALL Products in the selected Category to use the selected Category as the new Master Categories ID ...
    Example: Resetting Category 22 would set ALL Products in Category 22 to use Category 22 as the Master Category ID
    NOTE: backup your database before using this ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

YOU ARE A GENIUS, LINDA!!!!! TYTYTYTYTY!!

Plugin Contributions

Uh-oh, I must have a problem in my database. I just added a new product to it and uploaded it with Easy Populate, like usual, and all of a sudden, the Master Categories are changed again to the main category and not the sub categories. Any ideas of what I changed or deleted by accident?

Plugin Contributions

I got it. A very wise friend said to correct everything in the store and then to download my database again. Why didn't I think of that? LOL!

Thanks again! :)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update that all is right in the world once more ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123