Plugin Contributions

Default Off categories showing products

Hey guys, just noticed this while working on something else. I have a category that is turned off in admin called UGG boots. When you click on boots at the top (first on the list) the displayed dynamic page under "New products for May", you will see some of the products from the UGG boots category. This turns to a problem when clicked on you end up with an empty page with the message "Sorry, the product was not found."

You may have to click "Boots" several times to see the UGG boots products.( I guess this is because it has to cycle thorough the products in that category and any subcategories)

Once a category is turned off i thought any products in that category would not be listed at all. Any idea why this is happening and most importantly how Can i fix this (as it may be confusing and irritating to customers)

site is at www.fashionfavourites.com

Many thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Off categories showing products

Are the Products themselves also turned off so that they do not show?

If so, could you review the Known Bug Fixes for v1.3.8 ... there are some that might help address this problem for you ...
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?p=697924
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Are the Products themselves also turned off so that they do not show?

If so, could you review the Known Bug Fixes for v1.3.8 ... there are some that might help address this problem for you ...
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?p=697924
    I only turned off the category in admin and when I go to that catgory all products in it are also turned off/Disabled.

It would be painful to disable product by product, and the purpose of turning a category off would be useless.

I will review the known bug Fixes for v1.3.8 as well.

Thanks Ajeh

Plugin Contributions

When you click the green status button to turn it red, it will set all products to products_status = 0 so that all of the products in the category are also turned off ...

If you activate a Category that is disabled, you are asked if the Products should be turned on, off or left unchanged ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

When you click the green status button to turn it red, it will set all products to products_status = 0 so that all of the products in the category are also turned off ...

If you activate a Category that is disabled, you are asked if the Products should be turned on, off or left unchanged ...
    You are exactly right. When i click the green this is the message
    ----
    WARNING ...
    Note: Disabling a category will disable all products in this category. Linked products located in this category that are share with other categories will also be disabled.

Change the Category Status to: OFF

Change ALL Product Status to: OFF
    ---------

And the only options available are: Update, Cancel

Going the other way around, it's exactly as you described and now you have the options of (Products should be turned on, off or left unchanged)

I've also looked into the bug fix thread in your first post but nothing of this sort is mentioned.

I've seen this on many zen cart websites, but I though the shop owners forgot to delete certain products but it seems to be the same issue i am having.(Turning a category off-yet products will display when clicked on a higher category)

In my situation when you click: Boots-->Women Boots-under new products for June you'll see the UGG boots products(The category UGG boots) is under Women Boots but it's off yet products will display when chosen the heigher category. For your convenience here is the url for (Boots-->Women Boots): http://fashionfavourites.com/index.p...dex&cPath=3_35

Notice the ugg boots products?

Is this a bug, or need to clear something in admin?
    Last edited by hardwiredtemplates; 2 Jun 2009 at 03:41 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Look at the Known Bug Fixes thread #3 for the New Products and Upcoming Products centerboxes ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Look at the Known Bug Fixes thread #3 for the New Products and Upcoming Products centerboxes ...
    Sorry I've been working on other issues on my site. So I've followed the instructions in this thread(http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82619) specifically post #3 (New products and upcoming products). Added the fix code yet products that are set to off still show up under new products for month(X)

Refresh this page several times and you'll see UGG boots (They are set to off)
    http://fashionfavourites.com/index.p...dex&cPath=3_35

Not sure if this is proper logic but I've tried setting this to zero in new_products.php and yet no change.
    and p.products_status = 0

Any Ideas? Has this worked for any other shop owner? Has it been tested?

Plugin Contributions

Check and make sure that if you are using overrides that you updated the files on your overrides as well ...
    Linda McGrath