Plugin Contributions

Default Data Base errors after moving WAMP and Zen to another P.C for development

Hey Guys/All - I have been developing Zencart locally with my XP Pro_SP3 and WAMP setup - Also I have installed ColdSteel templet and the CSS Horizontal Drop down menu - A lot of time has been spent just trying to get the main page to look as I want it to.

Here is my situation I had to relocate my files (zencart and wamp) from my place in Atlanta GA to, Toronto CDA and have been unable to bring up my Cold Steel Templet - My original directory tree on my Xp box was set up on E: drive and now I have Wamp and zencart setup on D: on my wifes pc. I have changed the path name in both Includes/configure.php and /Admin/Includes/Configure.php files to point to the new path.

The error I am receiving is unable to connect to database (the one with the girl construction workers).

Suggestions would be most appreciated as I really do not want to start from scratch and loose my work.

Thank You

Thomas

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Data Base errors after moving WAMP and Zen to another P.C for development

Check BOTH config files again, make sure you have new correct paths that reflect move...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Data Base errors after moving WAMP and Zen to another P.C for development

Misty thank you for the reply - I have checked and re-checked both configure.php files - The only thing that makes me wonder is the "user name" and "pass word" - Maybe I bugger this up when installing zen on the other p.c - However the error only prompts me as unable to connect to data base with the construction workers - must be a zen default message.

Plugin Contributions

Database/Username now you have moved will be totally different to Wamp...username is normally your host username
    plus one you have chosen i.e hostusername_database name

Plugin Contributions

Wamp can be tegious this way. One suggestion........Make sure that your WAMP install works correctly, install a "fresh" Zen-Cart in a different folder, check both config files in the new install against your old ZC install. Note the differences (especially the username/password)......make any changes that need to be made, and you should be o.k.
    Teach them to shop and they will shop today;
    Teach them to Zen and they will OWN a shop tomorrow!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Get Um Fast - The standard zencart install will load correctly but my cold steel will not load - I will compare the user name and pass word for the working zen cart to my old files and see what happens.

Thank You, Both for the prompt feed back as I have been trying to resolve this for several days - My p.c access is limited now "have to work around wife" and her location only has dial up no "fat pipe" here.

I had previously backed up my zen cart and wamp files on a hard drive and took it with me "not knowing how long I was going to be in T.O".

Sure wished I would have backed up the working data base with the correct procedure "Mental Note"

Thanks again,

Thomas

Plugin Contributions

Oh, no! You didn't keep the whole WAMP's "WWW" folder that included all your SQL database information? Sorry to say, but without that.......well........I won't be the bearer of bad news......But you're allowed a few good , if you want.

Sorry.

The bright side is......you've still got your template.......

Plugin Contributions

I just created a new db but have made a mental note of the proper db backup process for future reference.

Have the backed up Cold Steel and the CSS Drop Down Menu working!

The problem was with the user name and password in the configure.php files.

It is amazing how a different the graphics appear on another p.c "mental note".

Thank You, Misty and Get Em Fast

Cheers, Thomas http://www.tidyworkstation.com

Plugin Contributions

ME,

You're quite welcome, although, not sure I was of any help.
    Glad to hear you got it all worked out, though.