Plugin Contributions

Default IE & FIREFOX incompatability

I am using Zen 1.3.8.a Internet explorer 7 and firefox 3.0.10
    I have built a couple of banners one placed at the foot of the page, works ok. The other i have placed at the top of the page just below the header.
    On Firefox both work well. On IE the banner works great but the rest of the page is blank. I put a similar banner on another of my sites with the same results. The IE problem is not just on my computer i have had all my friends view it as well with the same results. I tried moving the swf file to includes. IE couldnt find it F/fox did.
    I have contacted the people who sold me the banner making software in the USA and they have sent me,just to confuse the issue, a screen shot of IE showing my banner and my oages in their entirety. Hey Ho. I am not a brilliant computer wizard but i can usually follow instructions.
    Please can you help me
    Thanking you in advance
    Tappersam
    my current website with the banner on is http://www.samscabinuk.com
    Last edited by trappersam; 2 Jun 2009 at 06:39 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: IE & FIREFOX incompatability

IE has issues regarding relative positioning and padding.

I have used an absolute position around the element inside of the relative div and fixed this before... But in essence you need a IE hack.

This module will help you create one.

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=493

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: IE & FIREFOX incompatability

Hi
    Managed the easy bit with the html file, but had a problem understanding the css bit. I did find this;
    * load all template-specific stylesheets, named like "ie7*.css", alphabetically
    * for stylesheets targeted at specific versions of IE
    */
    $directory_array = $template->get_template_part($template->get_template_dir('.css',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'css'), '/^ie[5-9]_/', '.css');
    while(list ($key, $value) = each($directory_array)) {
    $ver = substr ($value, 2, 1);
    echo '<!--[if IE' . $ver . ']>' . "\n";
    echo '<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="' . $template->get_template_dir('.css',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'css') . '/' . $value . '" />' . "\n";
    echo '<![endif]-->' . "\n";
    }
    /**
    And tried inserting this as ie_stylesheet.css and as ie7_ etc etc. but to no avail. So i am stuck again . I need to master it as i have 5 other sites to modify
    Dont be fooled by what i have copied above i dont know what the hell it means i just followed some suggested links and it looked right
    Thanks again
    Doug