Plugin Contributions

Default How do I change Stock Availability for Items?

Can someone explain to me how i change the stock availability on items i list? What im trying to do is list an item and list the availability of that item as "available within 5 days". In other words, the item is not in stock and physically on hand at my store but available from the Manufacture and can have it in stock within 5 days if ordered

Does this make sense?

Im a small store, and i cannot afford to keep every item i list for sale in stock, so this is why im looking to change availability of items.

Even if i could make it so the availability said "shippable within 7-10 business days" that would work for me....

Any help?

Thanks in advance,

Josh Mader

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I change Stock Availability for Items?

You would make that adjustment in the categories products section of the admin.
    When you are in the area where you add and edit your products there is a drop down box with a calender available for you to select the date that the product will be available.
    It is actually the second piece of information that you can adjust regarding your product.

~ hope this helps

~B.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by BGallagher View Post
    You would make that adjustment in the categories products section of the admin.
    When you are in the area where you add and edit your products there is a drop down box with a calender available for you to select the date that the product will be available.
    It is actually the second piece of information that you can adjust regarding your product.

~ hope this helps

~B.
    Hi B, thanks for the quick reply.

I saw the calendar, and i can use that for pre-orders and advanced orders on stuff (which i will also be doing) but right now im looking to put an additional label next the the "available".

What im trying to do is make it so the item is always available from my store but next to the available status add on say "ships within 7-10 business days" is this possible to do?

Plugin Contributions

Have you tried making the product instock and then giving it a bogus product quantity while setting the date available to a future date?

I do understand what you're trying to do. I've never done that with a cart so im just tryin to throw some of my Zen logic at ya~!

;)

~B.

p.s. why not just let the product be made available and then let people know that the product will ship to them at the dates you stated and leave it at that .. it might be easier .. after all do they need to know you don't have it at the moment ??? all they truly need to know/might want to know is when they will get it.

Plugin Contributions

and then .....
    just put the info on the shipping time in the product description.

~B.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by BGallagher View Post
    and then .....
    just put the info on the shipping time in the product description.

~B.
    Thanks B, i guess that would work

In the meantime, if there is possibly a way to edit the shipping availability add "usually ships within 7-10 business days" and somebody knows how to do so, please let me know