Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: If your attributes are adding the base price you need to read this

Base price is 99.00

I am running 138a.

Plugin Contributions

If you have a Product price and Attributes then your Products are not Priced by Attribute ... they are Products that have Attributes that can alter the price if selected ...

Try marking the Product as not being Priced by Attribute ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

So am I to have a base price of 0.00 then? None of it makes sense.

Certainly I have the option of not basing price by attribute, so I dont need to try it out.

Plugin Contributions

You have a Product that is $90.00 ... then there are additional things that may or may not cost more money so those are set up on the Attributes ...

Just because you have a Product that uses Attributes does not make it a Product that is "Priced by Attributes" ...

The "Priced by Attributes" is for a Product that cannot be priced without the Attributes ...

I can buy this Product for $90.00 by picking attributes that have no charge to them ...

Or, I can add to the Price by picking additional Attributes ...

So you set your Product Price to 90.00 ... and you set Priced by Attribute to NO and you set the additional price, if any, on the Attributes ...

Now see if your prices work properly ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

NOTE: you appear to be using One Time charges ...

One Time Charges mean that if set to $25.00 and I buy quantity 1 I get charged $25.00 ... if I buy quantity 6 I get charged $25.00 ...

Be sure that this is what you mean on the use of the One Time Charges ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pixelpadre View Post
    Having a little problem understanding price by attributes.

When I look at edit product it says:

Display price will include lowest group attributes prices plus price

My question is which display price, because when I use this option my item base price never changes regardless of whether any attributes are flagged yes/no in the red box that says include in base price.

I guess what I am saying is I see no difference between price based on attributes or not based on attributes.

Store is pictures with:

Frame type

Mat color

Sizes
    I have been using zcart for 4 years with attributes. I fully understand how to sell with attributes. This is the first time I am using price by attributes.

It all boils down to the part in red above. This is what it says when you use the price by options radio box in the item description. I cannot make it do what the red text above says it will do.

Its that simple.

thanks

Plugin Contributions

You appear to have a current Product Price of 99.00 ...

You then have attributes for:
    Please Choose:
    Frame Type
    None
    Simple ( +$100.00 )
    Barnwood ( +$125.00 )
    Elegant Gold ( +$125.00 )

Matting
    None
    White ( +$10.00 )
    Blue ( +$10.00 )
    Green ( +$10.00 )

Glass
    None
    Regular ( +$7.50 )
    Anti Glare ( +$12.00 )

Shipping
    7 Day Ground ( +$60.00 )
    Insurance ( +$5.00 )
    Photo Only ( +$7.99 )
    That is not Priced by Attribues ... that is a Product with a Price and additional Options that could be added to add on to the price ...

For Priced by Attribute you would set the Product Price to 0.00 ... then set the Attributes to be the amount showing plus 99.00 and remove the prefix of the + ...

As you are offering the Product without any of the Attributes by selecting NONE you really wouldn't use Priced by Attributes as this is not needed on this product ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

You are correct. I ditched the attributes and what you are now seeing is plain old products with attributes. I tried the other way as you suggested and it didnt do what you explained just now. BUT you are correct, I didnt have my glasses on when I priced the attributes mistakenly as one time. That could have something to do with the problem.

And I am still dismayed why you people will not set up a paypal icon for your advice. Many forums already do it. At the very least you owe it to your significant other for all the time that you spend here.

Plugin Contributions

You can always click on my link to send the Team a cup of coffee ... or a nice steak dinner ...

We always appreciate the support to help us help you ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Not exactly what I had in mind.

Every individual user who gives advice on this forum should be able to have a paypal link in case someone want to reward them for saving them time work and money.

I dont know why you resist something that is only good.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast