Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default CURL problems detected: 28 => connect() timed out!

hi,

i'm encountering a similar problem and can't find a solution anywhere that works.

i've got 1.38a of zencart installed on IIS 6 using fact CGi. I've enabled cURL by commenting it out of the php.ini and copying the dll files over to the system32 folder.
    When i check it out in a php info file it shows up as successfully enabled.
    I have purchased and set up a dedicated SSL on a unique static IP and everything is working fine with that.
    Yet i still get the same errors when installing zencart.

My curltest.php files has the following results.

Code:
    7 couldn't connect to host

Array
    (
        [url] => "http://www.zen-cart.com/testcurl.php"
        [content_type] => 
        [http_code] => 0
        [header_size] => 0
        [request_size] => 0
        [filetime] => -1
        [ssl_verify_result] => 0
        [redirect_count] => 0
        [total_time] => 0
        [namelookup_time] => 0
        [connect_time] => 0
        [pretransfer_time] => 0
        [size_upload] => 0
        [size_download] => 0
        [speed_download] => 0
        [speed_upload] => 0
        [download_content_length] => -1
        [upload_content_length] => -1
        [starttransfer_time] => 0
        [redirect_time] => 0
    )
    So cURL is enabled but cannot communicate with the zencart server. What solutions are there? Is setting up a proxy a possible solution? If so how do i set that up?

Thanks in advance for any direction anyone might be able to point me in,

regards,
    shaztesting

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: cUrl - says SSL not installed - do I need it?

I can't seem to edit my first post but here is the error when installing zencart in case it helps:

CURL problems detected: 28 => connect() timed out! more info...
    CURL requires SSL support. Please notify webmaster or hosting company. 7 => couldn't connect to host more info...
    CURL problems detected: 28 => connect() timed out! more info...
    CURL requires SSL support. Please notify webmaster or hosting company. 7 => couldn't connect to host more info...
    /admin/includes/configure.php does not exist more info...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CURL problems detected: 28 => connect() timed out!

Errors 7 and 28 reflect a timeout while trying to make a connection, which suggests that it didn't get a response from the destination server. Sometimes this is a result of an nslookup failure when trying to resolve domain names etc. On linux hosts one typically needs to alter/update the resolv.cnf file for things to work.
    Often this is supported by the fact that launching a browser on the server results in inability to connect to websites by name.
    I suggest you contact your server administrator for assistance with properly configuring the server to operate as an internet host/webserver.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your help,

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Often this is supported by the fact that launching a browser on the server results in inability to connect to websites by name.
    You're right! I can't access the website from the server, I am doing it from a seperate machine and connection. I always thought this is the way it has to be, never realised it means something isn't working.

1. So if i manage to fix this issue, do you think these errors will go away?

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    I suggest you contact your server administrator for assistance with properly configuring the server to operate as an internet host/webserver.
    2. Hmm..I am the server admin, but first time with Server 2k3, i normally worp with apache. Looks like i have to crawl the interwebs to sort this one out - but thank so much for heading me in the right direction! You won't believe how much time i spent with php/curl trying to solve this one

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

1. Yes.
    2. There are some websites whose focus is on running webservers -- you might want to poke around at webhostingtalk.com and see if you can find some answers or at least some leads there.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Here's an update on how I'm doing.

1. I have fixed the server connection issue but the curltest.php error 7 still remains.

Are there any tests i can do to isolate the problem? Figure out whether it is a an nslookup failure or something else entirely?

2. Is setting up a proxy going to help or is it unrelated?

thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The use of a proxy is almost never done, and unless you have one and know very specifically *why* you have one and are using it, then you should never expect to be needing to use it.

As to nslookup, if a browser on the server can't surf to a URL properly, then nslookup isn't working.

Plugin Contributions

In that case nslookup is working. Looks like no cURL for me

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Hi, I am experiencing similar problems. I am totally new to eCommerce softwares, and is trying Zen Cart for the very first time.

I am trying to install Zen Cart v1.3.8a to my local machine by following the steps as outlined in "E-Start Your Web Store with Zen Cart" by Cucumber media. I have enabled CURL support in PHP as instructed in the manual.

However, when I began installation, the Zen Cart Set-up System Inspection returned with the following problems:

CURL requires SSL support. Please notify webmaster or hosting company. 28 => SSL connection timeout

CURL problems detected:56 => Proxy connection aborted due to timeout

CURL requires SSL support. Please notify webmaster or hosting company. 56 => proxy connection aborted due to timeout

When I look down the list of System Inspection Results, PHP cURL support is ON. So I am not sure what the above is about. I have not clicked the install button yet as I want to resolve this first.

Any suggestions? Please help, thanks!

Ed

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ed7501 View Post
    [B]CURL requires SSL support. Please notify webmaster or hosting company. 28 => SSL connection timeout
    It's telling you that the CURL configuration on your server doesn't support SSL, meaning that the server administrator didn't compile the CURL support with OpenSSL or equivalent options.
    This means that your store won't be able to do secure background communications.
    This is entirely unrelated to having a SSL certificate for your site (which is also recommended if you will be collecting any information from your customers).

The other CURL messages about proxy are just knock-on effects of an automated attempt to try using a proxy since the SSL attempt failed. If you fix the SSL problem those other matters will go away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast