Plugin Contributions

Default How do I send 'Discount Coupon Code' to New Customer in the Welcom email?

Where can I add 'Coupon Code' in the first 'Welcome Email' when a customer registers ?

As there is no way I can create 'Members Discount' for registered customers to receive Coupons straight away, I have come up with this idea. I have noticed also there are many of us looking for this feature and hope this helps to those are looking for a solution. But I do Have a one last question and hope some one can help.

This is what I did.

1. I have created/generated a coupon
    2. Made a hard link 'Membership Registration' to login/register page just above the 'Discount Coupons' on the side box.
    3. Changed the wording 'New ? Billing ... ' to 'New? New Members Please Provide Your Information' on the login page
    3. Explained on the same login page as follows -

'Membership Registration entitles you to have 20 - 30% Membership Discounts on all products. Creating a login profile with xxxxx.com allows you to have shop faster, track the status of your current orders and review your previous orders.

Your Membership Discount Code will be sent to you along with instructions as soon as you register. '

Now where do I place the Discount Coupon code in the first welcome email sent customer?? I need to hard code it so I need to know which file and where it is what is the zencart code?

Many thanks

--------- emails starts with -----------

Dear Mr. Doe,

We wish to welcome you to xxxxx.com

With your account, you can now take part in the various services we have to offer you. Some of these services include:

Permanent Cart - Any products added to your online cart remain there until you remove them, or check them out.

Address Book - We can now deliver your products to another address other than yours! This is perfect to send birthday gifts direct to the birthday-person themselves.

Order History - View your history of purchases that you have made with us.

Products Reviews - Share your opinions on products with our other customers.

etc etc
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Downunder QLD

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I send 'Discount Coupon Code' to New Customer in the Welcom email?

Quote Originally Posted by oavs View Post
    Where can I add 'Coupon Code' in the first 'Welcome Email' when a customer registers ?
    Why don't you just use the built-in New Signup Discount Coupon feature?

1. Create the coupon code.
    2. Go to Admin->GV/Coupons->New Signup Discount Coupon ID# and choose that coupon from the list.

Then the welcome email will automatically include that coupon code in the email.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I send 'Discount Coupon Code' to New Customer in the Welcom email?

Thanks for such a quick response. that would ideal except -
    1. I can not see 'Go to Admin->GV/Coupons->New Signup Discount Coupon ID#'

When I go there, I only see 'Admin->GV/Coupons->Coupon Admin

I am using 1.3.8a

My 'Order Total Modules' are all installed except 'COD Fee' and 'Gift Certificates' . I do not want to use Gift Certificates. How can I make it work otherwise?
    Downunder QLD

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Sorry, I meant "Admin->Configuration->GV/Coupons->New Signup Discount Coupon ID#"

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Now who would have though that my newly created Coupon name would show up as a drop down for me to select?

Many thanks Doc. I am now pack to put back what I have wrecked :-(
    Downunder QLD