Plugin Contributions

Default Gift Certificate redemption displaying intermittently in checkout process

Hi all,

The gift certificate (GC) redemption field seems to be showing up intermittently during the checkout process. The discount coupon field is always showing.

During testing - I have found that it will definately show up if the customer has a balance in their GC account.

I tracked it down to the tpl_checkout_payment_default file which I am playing around with under includes\templates\[my template]\templates

[FONT="Courier New"]<?php
    }
    for ($j=0, $n2=sizeof($selection[$i]['fields']); $j<$n2; $j++) {
    ?>
    <fieldset>
    <legend><?php echo $selection[$i]['module']; ?></legend>
    <?php echo $selection[$i]['redeem_instructions']; ?>
    <div class="gvBal larger"><?php echo $selection[$i]['checkbox']; ?></div>
    <label class="inputLabel"<?php echo ($selection[$i]['fields'][$j]['tag']) ? ' for="'.$selection[$i]['fields'][$j]['tag'].'"': ''; ?>><?php echo $selection[$i]['fields'][$j]['title']; ?></label>
    <?php echo $selection[$i]['fields'][$j]['field']; ?>
    </fieldset>
    <?php
    }
    }
    ?>
    [/FONT]

I would like for both the the GC and discount coupon field to be always showing during checkout.

Is it possible to "hardcode" the above text so instead of looping through 'fields' which are GC and discount coupon. I hardcode two sets of <fieldsets> i.e.

[FONT="Courier New"]<fieldset>
    <legend>Promotion Code</legend>
    </fieldset>

<fieldset>
    <legend>Gift Vouchers</legend>
    </fieldset>
    [/FONT]

Hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance.

Erko

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Gift Certificate redemption displaying intermittently in checkout process

Why would you want the fireld to show if there is no balance in their GV account?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Gift Certificate redemption displaying intermittently in checkout process

Basically it will allow customers to redeem GC during the checkout process if they wish to.

What I don't understand is why does it show up sometimes, and other times it doesn't.. Has got me puzzled . Can anyone shed any ideas? Thx.