Plugin Contributions

help question Newbie- Please help with installation trouble.

I just installed the latest version of Zen Cart. I'm having trouble and I don't know what the next step should be. I'm new to all of this. After the installation I get this message:

Hello. Thank you for loading Zen Cart™.
    You are seeing this page for one or more reasons:
    This is your first time using Zen Cart™ and you haven't yet completed the normal Installation procedure.
    If this is the case for you, you will need to upload the "zc_install" folder using your FTP program, and then run zc_install/index.php via your browser (or reload this page to see a link to it).

Your /includes/configure.php and/or /admin/includes/configure.php file contains invalid path information and/or invalid database-connection information.
    If you recently edited your configure.php files for any reason, or maybe moved your site to a different folder or different server, then you'll need to review and update all your settings to the correct values for your server.
    See the Online FAQ and Tutorials area on the Zen Cart™ website for assistance.

I've searched and searched for info but I can't find anything that works. I can't go to the admin page. The above message comes up instead.
    I definitely installed it, so that isn't the problem. It has to be my configure.php files. That is all I can think of. I'm sure that all of you know much more about this though. That is why I need your help.

My actual website is http://www.justintimemoments.com
    My store is supposed to be located at http://www.justintimemoments.com/zencart

But nothing is there. I didn't know if that is because I haven't been able to log in yet or what. My hosting company is FatCow. I'd be glad to give any more information that is needed but I don't know what other information you would need. Perhaps a part of my config file? Just let me know and I'll be sure to add it. Thanks ahead of time!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Newbie- Please help with installation trouble.

Make sure your database is set up correctly. Check the file paths in the configure.php files Database name and passwords.

Login to you mySQL and check database name is correct... you can also re save your password to make sure it is what you think etc.

Remember it has to be exact.
    That wasn't the plan!

Plugin Contributions

Thank you. I just found out recently that my hosting site, FatCow, provides a direct download of Zen Cart. So now I have it downloaded and ready to use. I'm working on settings, etc. now.

Plugin Contributions

I just found out recently that my hosting site, FatCow, provides a direct download of Zen Cart.
    I believe that this is a very old version!!
    You can get the latest download on the home page of this site
    Select "Home" in the top nav bar
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten